Stolen Totota Landcruiser FJ62 Portland,Oregon (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Friends,
If you see this truck (photos attached) in the Greater Portland area, please call me. 802-595-9448. My name is Will. My baby was stolen during the night of Nov. 12, 2020. 1988, FJ62, two-tone blue.
IMG_5195.JPG

spread it far and wide on the book of faces and even CL. offer a reward as well.

Friends,
If you see this truck (photos attached) in the Greater Portland area, please call me. 802-595-9448. My name is Will. My baby was stolen during the night of Nov. 12, 2020. 1988, FJ62, two-tone blue. View attachment 2494337
At any Legacy vehicle prior to the RFID key ignition can be stolen. It's too easy in fact to just use a screwdriver and a hammer and possibly a vise grip tattoo rip out the Tumblr. You make it back but I'm not going to say what shape it might be in after you receive it. It's probably used to transport illegal things. May I suggest stopping by a couple gas stations or send a picture of this truck to a couple of gas stations in the area see if they have it on video

Dang. 2nd 60 series snagged in the last couple of weeks in PDX. I hope you recover it intact. I will keep my eyes peeled.

At any Legacy vehicle prior to the RFID key ignition can be stolen. It's too easy in fact to just use a screwdriver and a hammer and possibly a vise grip tattoo rip out the Tumblr. You make it back but I'm not going to say what shape it might be in after you receive it. It's probably used to transport illegal things. May I suggest stopping by a couple gas stations or send a picture of this truck to a couple of gas stations in the area see if they have it on video
Good idea, thanks

I will keep my eyes open for it at the other corner of the US. Do you have any other pics you can share? If you have any with unique dents, scratches, or other identifying marks it may help those of us who scour online ads regularly have a better chance of spotting it.

I found her... I've been driving around the city since I lost her (8 days or so)- down every street in the City, including Vancouver. I was doing a section in far SE and found her. Poor girl. Homeless persons living in it. They were out on errands when I arrived. They tried to spray paint her. I'm relieved that she wasn't trashed. She's cleaned up now and I have a club and security on her 24/7. Thanks for the support.

Now I need a new paint job. Any recommendations?

I found her... I've been driving around the city since I lost her (8 days or so)- down every street in the City, including Vancouver. I was doing a section in far SE and found her. Poor girl. Homeless persons living in it. They were out on errands when I arrived. They tried to spray paint her. I'm relieved that she wasn't trashed. She's cleaned up now and I have a club and security on her 24/7. Thanks for the support.

I’m glad you found it and so sorry that the paint is ruined. I hope you’ll stick with the two-tone!

@JHE4601 had his 60 stolen in Portland too but was recovered.
@jj0hnson also had his 62 stolen in Portland

If it is spray paint only you may be able to remove it. Lots of youtube videos with ideas. Post a pic!

Glad you got her back. Had no idea they were any kind of specific target in p-town. So, generally speaking, what are people doing to secure them? They are stupidly easy to swipe as-is from the factory.

-r

Invest in a GPS Tracker.

CJ
Estacada, Oregon
Blue Barn Paint
Mobile (503) 630-5717
Glad you got her back. Had no idea they were any kind of specific target in p-town. So, generally speaking, what are people doing to secure them? They are stupidly easy to swipe as-is from the factory.

-r
I've heard good things about Blue Barn Paint. Certainly worth a call for the OP.
For security, a battery cutoff switch along with a club are the best 1-2 bet. At least you'll hear them cutting off the club, which gives you enough time to come out and shoot them.

Dirty Mike and the Boys were living in your car?! Gnar.

Invest in a GPS Tracker.
I have a GPS tracker in my FJ60 set to send me a text when it experiences movement and when it leaves 0.10 mile radius around my house. It then updates location every 30 seconds after motion / movement is detected.

Amazon product ASIN B0197FV8YU
About $100 with reasonable monthly fee ($12/mo if you purchase for a year). Their app is a little clunky, but cust serv folks are awesome and will bend over backwards to make sure everything works as it should.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom