Stolen tan 1989 FJ62 SEATTLE (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
update: the truck has been found (see below for more). thanks, everyone!

Hi guys

After just six great months of LC ownership (and uncountably many Mud threads read), my truck was stolen from in front of my house today (7/26/11), sometime around mid-day/early afternoon. It was parked in Northeast Seattle, near Ravenna Park. License plate WA # xxxxxxx. It's all stock, but identifying attributes are a roof rack, slightly crumpled rear bumper and tail gate, and dark tinted rear windows. I called the police and they're on their way to file a report... Photos below.

Thanks in advance, everyone.

-Dan

IMG_3991.jpg

IMG_4582.jpg

IMG00084-20110105-0955-1.jpg

Last edited:
Hi All:

Hey Dan, sorry to hear about the loss of your rig! :frown:

I'll keep an eye out for it!!

Good luck!

Alan

Thanks for the support, everyone. It means a lot. This is a great community.

Police officer was just here and took the report. Fingers crossed...

Wow, Hope you get it back!

Wonder if this should be moved to Chat so other model cruiser owners can be on the lookout.

Dan,
Really sorry to hear about this and I'm hoping for the cruiser's speedy and safe return to you!

Cool to see all of the help being offered.

Best of luck on this!

Hope your FJ finds its way home.

One of my favorite quotes from my favorite movie (Pulp Fiction). Fitting for your current situation.

Lance: Still got your Malibu?
Vincent: Aw, man. You know what some ****** did the other day?
Lance: What?
Vincent: ****** keyed it.
Lance: Oh, man, that's ***** up.
Vincent: Tell me about it. I had it in storage for three years, it was out for five days and some ******* piece of **** ******* with it.
Lance: They should be ******* killed. No trial, no jury, straight to execution.
Vincent: Boy, I wish I could've caught him doing it. I'd have given anything to catch that ******* doing it. It'd been worth him doing it just so I could've caught him doing it.
Lance: What a ******!
Vincent: What's more *********** than ******* with a man's automobile? I mean, don't **** with another man's vehicle.
Lance: You don't do it.
Vincent: It's just against the rules.

i am nowhere near you. but, i hope you get your cruiser back in good shape.

Gonna Keep an eye out here in Kent area. Sucks if this starts happening around here with them cause mine should be here in a few weeks from Az!

You are lucky you have police that well come out and make a report.In Fresno, Ca they won't even come out for a report they just call you few hours later to make a report on the phone.When you find were the parts for vehicle are they go by the place at 1:30 in the morning and call you to tell that nobody is around.
Fresno the car thief capital of the United States

Thanks so much everyone for the support. Actually, the overwhelming reaction to my post was the kick I needed to do what I should have on day 1 and get a supporting membership here.

The SPD website says 86% of all cars stolen in Seattle are recovered, so I guess there is some hope. I'll update this thread if I get any more info.

Cheers,
Dan

I live in Northgate and work downtown. I'll have my eye out. Another friend just had his car stolen and found after 13 days. They left it on the top of a local parking garage 6 blocks from where it was stolen after stealing the radio.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom