STOLEN Stolen - Blue 1982 FJ40 in Dallas, TX (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I would watch the security footage a couple of hours before it happened or that morning of it or night before. They most likely came earlier that day or the night before to see what they needed to do. Might get a better angle or picture that way of the guys or truck they are in. Good luck

Good luck, man. Really sucks to see activities like this carried out by desperate/shady people. That's a nice 40

This is probably a real long shot, but I did see a really nice blue FJ40 in a bad part of Dallas, TX today. The tires have the white print facing out but has the same white wheels you had on your FJ. I’ll be happy to share more info with you if you think it might be yours. I did mark out the lic plate and place of business so it’s not publicly posted on the forum.
Hello everyone. I am new here but figured I would appeal to the Land Cruiser community for help. I've been involved in the TLC community here in Dallas for a long time but never been much of a poster on this website.
My beloved 1982 blue FJ40 was stolen in the last 24 hours in Dallas, TX.
It appears stock except for a 2" lift. It does not have a hard top or doors on it right now - only a bimini top.
I will upload an image right away as soon as I figure out how to do so.

E9034766-1853-448F-B8B9-2F93AF9063DA.jpeg

B8683905-C106-40FE-BDE9-807C7D81C745.jpeg

This is probably a real long shot, but I did see a really nice blue FJ40 in a bad part of Dallas, TX today. The tires have the white print facing out but has the same white wheels you had on your FJ. I’ll be happy to share more info with you if you think it might be yours. I did mark out the lic plate and place of business so it’s not publicly posted on the forum.

View attachment 2704467

View attachment 2704468
I just realized yours didn’t have a hardtop but I guess you never know.

That’s not the same truck. Look closely and you’ll see the OP’s stolen 40 has a shackle reversal (the one you saw still has the original shackle-forward configuration). That would be a really big project to undo.
Additionally there’s a side marker light on the one you saw that the OP’s 82 doesn’t have.

That’s not the same truck. Look closely and you’ll see the OP’s stolen 40 has a shackle reversal (the one you saw still has the original shackle-forward configuration). That would be a really big project to undo.
Additionally there’s a side marker light on the one you saw that the OP’s 82 doesn’t have.
Good eye, I was driving and couldn’t compare the pics side by side but wanted to get info out as fast as possible in case it was the same truck. Hope he recovers it, that’s a really nice 82

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom