STOLEN Stolen - Blue 1982 FJ40 in Dallas, TX (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello everyone. I am new here but figured I would appeal to the Land Cruiser community for help. I've been involved in the TLC community here in Dallas for a long time but never been much of a poster on this website.
My beloved 1982 blue FJ40 was stolen in the last 24 hours in Dallas, TX.
It appears stock except for a 2" lift. It does not have a hard top or doors on it right now - only a bimini top.
I will upload an image right away as soon as I figure out how to do so.

Here's a picture. It looked exactly like this when it was stolen. I'd appreciate anyone's help in getting this out amongst the community.

ruthie.jpg

It was parked in a controlled access parking garage at my office building. Crazy thing is that I had arranged for more secure storage and was moving it there tomorrow.

It was parked in a controlled access parking garage at my office building. Crazy thing is that I had arranged for more secure storage and was moving it there tomorrow.
Did anyone in your office know you were doing this? I often do not believe in coincidences.

Hey cbmontgo, this is David Danielson by the way. We met several years ago when you were in Dallas. I had the old brown 1979 FJ40 back then.

Hey cbmontgo, this is David Danielson by the way. We met several years ago when you were in Dallas. I had the old brown 1979 FJ40 back then.
Hey David! I didn't realize this was you until I saw this thing posted on Facebook. Really sorry to hear about this.

Isn't this the one that I looked at for you in Denver many years ago? It was a beauty.

Best of luck on the recovery. We will certainly keep an eye out for any spec of this thing.

Yep, that's the one. I forgot that you went and looked at it for me.

A lot of work had been done to it over the years by Butch Baker and Buddy at the Cruiser Shop. In addition to the bumpers, winch, tires, wheels, I added power steering, stock air conditioning, and an OEM Toyota 5 speed. After a process of many years, it was finally perfect. I have felt an outpouring of support from the community and fingers are crossed that she shows up. Her name is Ruthie by the way - named after the original owner.

Appreciate the support everyone. If anyone has any other suggestions as to other website sites that may be productive to post, please let me know. I am not going to go down without a fight!

Very sorry to hear!

Stay in touch with ALL the various surrounding area Police depts impound lots to see if it is there.

Hopefully, it was just a joy ride and gets abandoned and is recovered quickly, however it often times takes days and weeks for the authorities to find and contact the owner.

I would also be in contact or preferably visit with all the local tow companies. If it gets dumped in a parking lot, driveway etc. the building owners/ managers have different private companies tow illegally parked vehicles and take them to their storage facility where they just wait for the owner to come looking for the vehicle and pay the tow/storage bill!

Here a couple of stills from the security footage. Is there a Ford Super Duty expert on the board that can identify the year? I think it is a first generation Super Duty from 1999-2007 but am wondering if anyone has the skills to narrow it down any more?
2Capture.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom