Stock Front Recovery Point Photo Request (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
No Such Thing as a Stupid Question test of the day:

Where the hell are my front recovery points? I've been all over the front my Landbruiser and can't find them anywhere. Internet searches I've done reference loops welded to the frame, but I haven't found any photos to help me see where to look.

Were there years/models that didn't have front recovery points?

I have a 97 LC

Mine looked like these:

GXG2Ctx.png

Were they just bolted on to the front frame rails? I have two in back (but they are welded on). Don't see anything like this up front, though.

yes they bolt to the underside of the end of the front frame rails.

Ok. And they come stock from the factory, right? So, if mine aren't there, someone has removed them.

My 97 came with the ones posted above. 1 on each framerail in the back and none in the front. Yours definitely didnt come welded to the frame from the factory.

My 97 came with the ones posted above. 1 on each framerail in the back and none in the front. Yours definitely didnt come welded to the frame from the factory.

OK. I'm not 100% sure that they are welded. Just going from memory there. Interesting that yours didn't have any up front either.

B1121F0F-FB7F-470B-930D-9A43834B59D7.jpeg
B1202A34-9F74-45D8-AD46-948B376985DE.jpeg
I’ll leave these here for you.

lol yeah like the Grizz implied, the same ones can be mounted front to rear. I moved one of mine from the back to the front.

Awesome. Thanks so much, guys. Really appreciate it.

If you need some they are 15 bucks each from Cruiser parts

larger image

Tow Hook or Tow Loop 1990-1997 80 series
$15.00

Please pick location. Front L & R are the same.
The rear Left or Right are specific.

Fits 80 series Land Cruiser and Lexus LX450. All years.

• Shipping Weight: 1lbs
  • Manufactured by: USED PART
Please Choose:
Side
Front Left or Right
Left Rear
Right Rear

I have some for a Tundra if anyone is interested. Bolt up the same but much beefier....

Edited to reflect the fact that someone was interested and I don't have them anymore.....

Last edited:
Two in the front, two in the rear. Each held on with two bolts.

@reevesci has some sweet ones that I need to order from him but keep forgetting to order...

80 Series Recovery Bracket URB PAIR
Ive been wanting a pair of these myself. There's a few good aftermarket options out there. I've heard some stories of failed oem mounts. They are actually tie down points from what I've heard. Can't verify with any backed up facts.

IMG_0857.JPG

I've also read that they're tie down points rather than proper recovery points.

I might still have mine in my scrap metal bucket if you want them.

I've heard some stories of failed oem mounts. They are actually tie down points from what I've heard. Can't verify with any backed up facts.

View attachment 1558427

Plenty of stories of the OEM tie downs failing, and also stories of factory fasteners pulling out of the weld nuts when used with after market recovery points.

I have a pair of Black Peak Supply 80 series mounts in place of the OEM mounts. I can't for the life of imagining them failing. To ensure that there are no shenanigans with the weldnuts threads pulling out.. I drilled up thru them and out the top rail. Ran I believe a 3/8" G8 bolt thru the recovery point.. ARB bumper mount and out the top. Secured obviously with a nut. More than likely way over kill.. the frame would have to split in order to fail. My brain is wired to create a never fail zone whenever possible. As I am sure most of us that actually use our LCs prepare them in the same vein.

In reality the chance of the original recovery point or bolt and especially the bolt failing in shear would be pretty remote. Pulling somewhat down on it as an anchor or recovery anchor could be another story tho. Also any rust between the bolt and nut threads would create more chance of failure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom