sticky back door locks (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

TexFJ

SILVER Star
Threads
I tore my back door panels off to lube up the locks as they kept sticking. I went through each part to clean and lube to discover what may have been the cause of the locks sticking.

The bracket below the door lock knob was tightened too much to one side and was rubbing against the rod. This happened on both sides. I went ahead and unscrewed, adjusted, and screwed back in and the lubed all parts. Locks no longer stick with engine on. Engine off is another story as obviously the batt is not strong enough to overcome the old wires.

Annotation 2020-09-09 1603392.png
Annotation 2020-09-09 160339.png

Next time you're in there, check it out and give it a twist and see if it helps.

I tore my back door panels off to lube up the locks as they kept sticking. I went through each part to clean and lube to discover what may have been the cause of the locks sticking.

The bracket below the door lock knob was tightened too much to one side and was rubbing against the rod. This happened on both sides. I went ahead and unscrewed, adjusted, and screwed back in and the lubed all parts. Locks no longer stick with engine on. Engine off is another story as obviously the batt is not strong enough to overcome the old wires.

View attachment 2430961View attachment 2430962

Next time you're in there, check it out and give it a twist and see if it helps.
Interesting, I think I’ll check that solution out

I would also recommend replacement on the master power switch and to check to see if the door panels is warped in such a manner that it rubs against the rod. That little resistance could cause extra resistance to movement.

I've opened the master switch before to make sure it was operating. None of the locks worked when I first got the cruiser. pretty simple design, although I did not clean them very well though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom