Stuck door 60-series w/ power lock (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Yesterday I suddenly was not able to open my front door (driver side) anymore. It was completely stuck and I could not open it from the inside, outside or with the key.

Luckily I was able to remove the door trim from the inside. This gave me the ability to disconnect the solenoid and to pull really hard on the metal wire going towards the lock knob. After 2 minutes pulling up and down the door opened.

I took the lock assembly out and there were 2 problems:
1) the solenoid was not moving in and out very subtle, so gave some extra fiction in the system
2) the frame assembly (nr 900 on the picture) was touching the locking assembly slightly

Screenshot 2024-01-26 at 10.10.27.png

I removed the solenoid, cleaned the lock assembly with lots of break cleaner and sprayed all the moving parts with lithium spray. When reassembling the parts I bend the frame assembly in such a way that it was absolutely not touchig the lock assembly anymore.

The door is opening and closing like never before! Feels like just-out-of-the-factory.

I will remove the solenoid on the passender side also, because I hate having parts in my 4x4 that can go wrong in the bush. Manual opening and closing is more offroad-proof.

IMG_20240126_090451_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240126_091217_HDR.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom