Steering rack play...exciting action packed video.!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I had my front right tire off to paint the rim, and noticed wheel play from side to side of about 1/2 inch . Nothing from 6 to 2 and had just repacked the bearings 1 month ago. The other side has the same issue just not quite as much movement. does the same thing whether the rig is running or not.
Is this normal?. The agency records show this Rack was replaced 2 years ago. with a new oem rack.

Looks like a worn inner tie rod end. Could also be worn rack bushings, but impossible to tell from that video.

Not a tie rod or the bushings the slack is coming from inside the rack it'self I can see and feel the shaft moving in the boot. Is there suppoed to be play in the shaft?is there an adjustment?

Not a tie rod or the bushings the slack is coming from inside the rack it'self I can see and feel the shaft moving in the boot. Is there suppoed to be play in the shaft?is there an adjustment?
That’s the INNER tie rod end. It’s inside the boot.

Ok thanks, I shall remove the boot and investigate.

Here you go.
Start at .50 sec

Thanks for that, Guess I know what I'm doing this weekend. I appreciate the help, This forum saves me a lot of headaches.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom