...steering loose on a 80 series, what are the most common worn parts ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow I had no idea , after being on this forum for a few years, that so many are so sensitive with how people search for stuff! Do these people have nothing else to do but slam people for how they search for stuff ? Are they hiding a deep seeded additional problem within them selves, that they feel they have to attack some one for how they search for things here ? Are they suffering from low self esteem, that they have to act that way on a forum ? Wow maybe they should question why, how I search for something bothers them so much ! All I did was ask a question, and although I had several who truly helped, this other banter serves no purpose. Perhaps look at the Matthew 7:5 "Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye"?
I believe it was JC who said, "teach a man to fish and he'll eat for a lifetime".
You used the wrong technique to search. I tried to show you how to search correctly. It is a life skill that will serve you well, now and in the future.

Thanks for feeling I needed your help with search term searching and two for starting all this extra nonsense , when you could have looked past my " wrong technique" and just helped with my question. Think about why you do such things and move on . Lifes too short for nonsense, and this extra stuff truly is.

Thanks for feeling I needed your help with search term searching and two for starting all this extra nonsense , when you could have looked past my " wrong technique" and just helped with my question. Think about why you do such things and move on . Lifes too short for nonsense, and this extra stuff truly is.
Life is also about learning. That's not nonsense. I really was trying to help you, but that ship has sailed.

No you weren't. You slammed me for searching they way I searched from the start. Remember regardless of your intentions, how you word things affects how people will perceive them. Please feel free to help someone else with your great ability to point out there incorrect searching techniques. I also don't know your experiences nor do you know mine. So perhaps think about whom your conversing with before you decided to waste their time and yours as well with again this useless banter. You've taught be nothing btw, I started using search terms fyi on Arpanet in 1969 for the DoD.

I started using search terms fyi on Arpanet in 1969 for the DoD.
Well, then you're out of excuses as to why you used that search string in the first place.
And if you feel that, "I find that hard to believe." is a "slam", then again, I apologize for ruffling your feathers.

@onedaatmc The 80 series thread is pretty bogged down because there aren’t many “new” problems that crop up for them. As you’re likely aware there are many threads that highlight same/similar issues.
The common advice is to search, find an appropriate thread with an issue like yours and thereby revive a dead thread with possibly new/additional info.
Some of the long time members can get a bit salty due to things like “which oil/filter should I use?”
I wouldn’t take what @jonheld posted as a personal affront.
Your initial question was “wordy,” and while there were some perfectly valid tips put out by other members, this thread is now cluttered with things other than steering info.

I didn't search for that , why would you post such slander, do you have literally nothing to do but slam someone for how they search for stuff , Do you have such low self esteem , that you feel the need to do such things ?... Try searching inside yourself why you feel the need to be this way ! Life is too short for such banter, Search for God to be in your life and you'll be much happier !

Sent via PM with replies closed, so I'll reply here.

The short answer is that you are being disrespectful of current and past contributors to this forum by asking the same question that has been asked dozens of times before. Your "new" question occupies bandwidth and storage space, thereby increasing costs for woody, and also ads to the clutter of search results that people have to wade through to find the information that they are looking for. So then, since you can't be bothered to read the FAQ or take some constructive criticism from a board member who has contributed far more here than you ever will, go figure it out on your own.

Cheers!

Dan

You do obviously need help learning how to search. Take it for the help it could be, and quit getting your panties in a bunch over it. Don't make all of us repeat all the easily searchable info on this board. This entire thread was not necessary. You've been helped, now learn how to help yourself.

Well now the thread is derailed over non-sense, a full page of garbage. My suggestion is to just move on, this time and next.

Get under the front with someone in the driver seat and have them make very exagerated forceful quick back and forth steering while you look for movement between all linkages/rod ends/bushings.

Then lift one corner at a time and check for play in the trunnions/wheel bearings.

Forgive me. I didn't realize you have never searched for anything on the internet before.
Spend some time learning about "key words". You should't use full sentences or punctuation.
Had you used the proper key words in your search term, you would have had all the answers.
A bit of search practice for you will yield a plethora of information and help guide you to the answers, now and in the future.
Mr. johnheld... I don't care if you have 10 years on this forum and over 8000 messages. DON'T BE A JERK OFF!

Thanks for everyone's input ! Of course if jonhead wouldn't have got his panties in a bunch by how I asked the question then all of this extra stuff pointed out could have been avoided. My question was answered within 5 or 6 replies and all of this extra stuff is on jonhead ... Not me ... I won't be asking questions here ever again since all this is clearly too much for you all to deal with ! Thanks for a wonderful experience !

Wow I had no idea , after being on this forum for a few years, that so many are so sensitive with how people search for stuff! Do these people have nothing else to do but slam people for how they search for stuff ? Are they hiding a deep seeded additional problem within them selves, that they feel they have to attack some one for how they search for things here ? Are they suffering from low self esteem, that they have to act that way on a forum ? Wow maybe they should question why, how I search for something bothers them so much ! All I did was ask a question, and although I had several who truly helped, this other banter serves no purpose. Perhaps look at the Matthew 7:5 "Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye"?

I am not disagreeing with you but.... Welcome to the internet....

Sent via PM with replies closed, so I'll reply here.

The short answer is that you are being disrespectful of current and past contributors to this forum by asking the same question that has been asked dozens of times before. Your "new" question occupies bandwidth and storage space, thereby increasing costs for woody, and also ads to the clutter of search results that people have to wade through to find the information that they are looking for. So then, since you can't be bothered to read the FAQ or take some constructive criticism from a board member who has contributed far more here than you ever will, go figure it out on your own.

Cheers!

Dan

This is not true

We establish a welcoming environment and there is nothing wrong with his asking questions

I find that hard to believe, as I just did a search for "loose steering" and got 50 pages of threads.

What does it matter. don't read the threads if you dont want to

Thread is closed as OPs question answered. To those who poked at the originator, please refrain from doing so in the future to others. His post was totally in line and it isnt for you to decide otherwise

after @ppc shared his opinion of my post, I went back and re read the entire thread and I do see merit to others comments that were in most cases provided respectfully. Thanks ppc I appreciated your reaction as it made me re-evaluate

It is important to understand how to search and not typing in hole sentences is pretty basic. We also spent a lot of time putting together an FAQ which covers a lot of issues

So I backtrack on my comments . . . . . a bit

I believe the members for the most part acted respectfully and appropriately. There are a few that did get a little carried away

We do want this to be a welcoming environment as everybody starts some place, but we dont need 100 threads on what size tires fit

It doesnt cost woody anymore money though for 100 tire threads. It is as posted, harder then for others to search for what they want

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom