Steering Knuckle Rebuild on DVD (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Threads
I have a 45 minute DVD that was shot when another Mud member and I rebuilt the front axle on his LX-450. It starts with the removal of the outer grease cap and ends in the same place (does not cover brake removal or reassembly). It is well-lit and narrated the whole way with comments and tips on how to do this yourself. It covers the entire hub, spindle and knuckle housing removal, replacement of upper and lower knuckle bearings and races, removal and replacement of hub bearings, races and seals, cleaning and reassembly. It does not cover breaking down the birfield joint, but that is very straightforward if you have the factory manual.

This DVD is an excellent companion to the factory manual and shows what's entailed if you are contemplating this job yourself or thinking about paying someone big $$ to have it done. It is suitable for all Cruisers because they all use the same basic knuckle design.

Price is $15.00 including shipping via USPS mail. Email me through Mud to order, payment via check or PayPal.

Last edited:
Great idea and a great price. It is about time this gets done!

Does anyone know if he is still selling DVD? No reply back from him...

If you are interested in the DVD, please DO NOT send me a PM or visitor message through the MUD site. I do not check Mud frequently and don't want to miss your message. So please send me an email through the MUD control panel. effective Dec 1, 2008 price is $20 including USPS mail.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Bump for a good guy. I purchased my DVD 3 years ago.... Can't remember if I lost it or cracked it the first week I had it. He didn't have to, but he sent me another one. This DVD really takes the guesswork out of this.

elmariachi's DVD, 96r50's Birfield separation and rebuild thread and this diagram is about all you need to take the guesswork out of this 3/4 bannana job. It really is pretty simple to do after you study up. The hard part is getting the parts clean!
attachment.php

Thanks Elmariachi!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom