State Land Trust Permits, now online (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

We (the geezers) should lobby for a senior citizen permit good for the rest of our lifetime. So much for after 50, half that after 60, etc. I'd pay $150 for a lifetime pass right now.

The guvmnit only charges $10 for a lifetime geezer park pass after 62.

You are about to get 1/2 your wish by the time you are eligible it will be $80 thanks to obama https://www.nps.gov/subjects/centennial/nps-centennial-act.htm

http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.com/2016/12/23/national-parks-lifetime-pass/

EEK! :eek:

It may be even more than $80 in a few years - the law says that the lifetime pass will cost whatever an annual pass currently costs.

Or if you have less than a year to live you can get an annual geezer pass for $20 that will last you a lifetime ;)

------------------------------------------------------------------------
SEC. 102. COMPARABLE PASS COST FOR SENIORS.
The Federal Lands Recreation Enhancement Act (16 U.S.C. 6801, Public Law 108–447, division J, title VIII) is amended in section 805(b)(1)—

(1) by striking “The Secretary” and inserting:

• “(A) The Secretary”;
(2) by striking “, at a cost of $10.00,”;

(3) by striking “shall be valid for the lifetime of the pass holder.” and inserting the following: “shall be available—

“(i) for a period of 12 months from the date of the issuance, at a cost of $20; and

“(ii) for the lifetime of the passholder, at a cost equal to the cost of the National Parks and Federal Recreational Lands Pass purchased under subsection (a).”; and

(4) by adding at the end the following:

• “(B) The Secretary shall issue a pass under subparagraph (A)(ii), for no additional cost, to any individual who provides evidence, under policies and guidelines determined by the Secretary, that the individual has purchased a pass under subparagraph (A)(i) for each of the 4 years prior to being issued a pass under this subparagraph.”.

EEK! :eek:

It may be even more than $80 in a few years - the law says that the lifetime pass will cost whatever an annual pass currently costs.

Or if you have less than a year to live you can get an annual geezer pass for $20 that will last you a lifetime ;)

------------------------------------------------------------------------
SEC. 102. COMPARABLE PASS COST FOR SENIORS.
The Federal Lands Recreation Enhancement Act (16 U.S.C. 6801, Public Law 108–447, division J, title VIII) is amended in section 805(b)(1)—

(1) by striking “The Secretary” and inserting:

• “(A) The Secretary”;
(2) by striking “, at a cost of $10.00,”;

(3) by striking “shall be valid for the lifetime of the pass holder.” and inserting the following: “shall be available—

“(i) for a period of 12 months from the date of the issuance, at a cost of $20; and

“(ii) for the lifetime of the passholder, at a cost equal to the cost of the National Parks and Federal Recreational Lands Pass purchased under subsection (a).”; and

(4) by adding at the end the following:

• “(B) The Secretary shall issue a pass under subparagraph (A)(ii), for no additional cost, to any individual who provides evidence, under policies and guidelines determined by the Secretary, that the individual has purchased a pass under subparagraph (A)(i) for each of the 4 years prior to being issued a pass under this subparagraph.”.

I look forward to being here to pay what ever they want when the time comes for many years to come:grinpimp:

[QUOTE="Stepmurr, post: 10970709, member: 30415]

[/QUOTE]

If I know I have only a year left they can stick their pass in their, well you know...hell, I may even let my fishing license and OHV plates lapse. Whoop!!! Come and get me fellas:flipoff2::flipoff2::steer::beer::hillbilly::poof:

OK new here, what are these permits for?

K thanks Phil

I received this email today - someone at the State Land Department has really thought this out and knows we don't look at the pass and won't remember when to renew. Good Job!

Thank you for purchasing an Arizona State Land Department Recreational Permit. Your purchase not only gives you legal access to Trust Lands identified for recreation, but you are also contributing to the multi-generational perpetual Land Trust that directly benefits Arizona's K-12 education system.

Your Permit is expiring on 2018-01-06. Please visit: https://land.az.gov/natural-resources/recreational-permits to purchase a permit for the upcoming year so that you have uninterrupted access to State Trust Land available for recreation.

If you have any questions regarding recreational permit requirements, please call the Arizona State Land Department at 602-364-2753.

Arizona%20State%20Land%20Department%20Logo.jpg

just updated mine online for $15.00. Took all of 3 minutes and I can rest easy that what happened to LongDuck wont happen to me.

its one of those things: as long as you have one, youll never be asked for it :confused:

Thanks for the reminder.

Done !

I have never received an email reminder, but this thread sends me an alert each time someone adds a comment so it serves as my annual reminder. Just renewed again.

Yes, I did get the reminder e-mail.

I’m hoping that AmericaThe Beautiful pass will also send a reminder.
I got my reminder at 00:03 Friday morning - coincidentally while I was camping on State Trust Land! What are the odds . . . :hmm:

Thank you for purchasing an Arizona State Land Department Recreational Permit. Your purchase not only gives you legal access to Trust Lands identified for recreation, but you are also contributing to the multi-generational perpetual Land Trust that directly benefits Arizona's K-12 education system.

Your Permit is expiring on 2019-01-04. Please visit: https://land.az.gov/natural-resources/recreational-permits to purchase a permit for the upcoming year so that you have uninterrupted access to State Trust Land available for recreation.

If you have any questions regarding recreational permit requirements, please call the Arizona State Land Department at 602-364-2753.

Friday morning pics 2018-12-21
7D_27040-small.jpg
7D_27034-small.jpg
7D_27037-small.jpg

Last edited:
I just updated mine in about 4 minutes and immediately printed out my state trust land permit (I made 2 - so I have one in the 80 and one in the 40)

Is their a senior discount, I belong to AARP? This is a hardship on senior citizens on a fixed income.:frown:

Would tell you I'm not going on the relic run because of this but that would be a lie. Besides Alvis offered to buy me one. When they had that tea party in Boston I would have been one of those non invited guests.

Just a random question. Since it's BLM land, are these transferable to other states (I.E. Utah)?
I would guess not and would need a second permit due to the way the funds go....

Just a random question. Since it's BLM land, are these transferable to other states (I.E. Utah)?
I would guess not and would need a second permit due to the way the funds go....

Pretty sure that's a hard no.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom