Squeaking noise when reversing (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi. Does anyone know what could be causing the squeaking sound when reversing my LX470? See video here:

That's loud enough that you can have a friend listen outside the car and tell you if it originates from the front or back. I would first guess that it could be a u-joint. Easy enough to lube all 4 and see if it goes away. Second guess is that a brake pad is done and that is the wear indicator on one of the pads. You have to take the wheels off to check the condition of the pads, but that's pretty easy to do especially if a friend can point you to a specific wheel. Lastly, just throwing things out there, it could be a spring has broken in the emergency brake drum if the noise is coming from a rear wheel.

The best part is that it is loud, and it does it all the time. Should be easy to find. Hope it is a cheap and easy fix.

Last edited:
That's loud enough that you can have a friend listen outside the car and tell you if it originates from the front or back. I would first guess that it could be a u-joint. Easy enough to lube all 4 and see if it goes away. Second guess is that a brake pad is done and that is the wear indicator on one of the pads. You have to take the wheels off to check the condition of the pads, but that's pretty easy to do especially if a friend can point you to a specific wheel. Lastly, just throwing things out there, it could be a spring has broken in the emergency brake drum if the noise is coming from a rear wheel.

The best part is that it is loud, and it does it all the time. Should be easy to find. Hope it is a cheap and easy fix.
It sounds like it’s coming from the rear. Will definitely lube the shafts and inspect the condition of the pads. Regarding the e-brake spring, i remember fixing that as well with my previous LC100. Thanks a lot for the help! Will post here once solved.

My car had this problem so when I reverse the car makes a noise
Screenshot_20231013_164124_Chrome.jpg

It sounds like it’s coming from the rear. Will definitely lube the shafts and inspect the condition of the pads. Regarding the e-brake spring, i remember fixing that as well with my previous LC100. Thanks a lot for the help! Will post here once solved.

It was definitely the u-joints. Greased them, zero noise. Thanks a lot!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom