SQOD Squad - Stupid Question Of the Day (31 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Did they make a 2016 LX570 with factory blacked out package?

Hey guys, I've searched alot and I think I have found the answer, but I wanted to ask here and see what you all had to say. Is this LX factory blacked out or is this painted/plasti dipped?

1649358690323.png

1649358751940.png

Did they make a 2016 LX570 with factory blacked out package?

Hey guys, I've searched alot and I think I have found the answer, but I wanted to ask here and see what you all had to say. Is this LX factory blacked out or is this painted/plasti dipped?

View attachment 2974465
View attachment 2974467
There was a short run of the "Inspiration" package/series with blacked out features but I'm not sure what model years it was included on.

I've noticed on my 2013 w/ 65k miles that in the morning on the way out of the neighborhood it will shift rough and hang in first longer than seems appropriate. I have never noticed this issue once the truck warms. Anyone else experienced this? It's not a huge deal, so long as it isn't a warning sign of an issue that needs addressed, but if that's what it is I'd rather do something about it now vs. have a much larger problem later.
It’s generally normal when it’s cold. It’s designed to help get up to operating temps quicker, which is for emissions reasons.

Stupid Question: disassembled my secondary air pumps to remove the destroyed foam. The old gasket appears to be a form in place foam gasket. My plan is to reseal with 3M 8662 (super silicone sealant). Wanted to see if anyone has other suggestions/recommendations, as I cannot find the gasket itself anywhere….

View attachment 2973367
I would say, install the secondary bypass kit (1st gen), you get them on ebay for lower price by same seller. Once you have the block off plates, you dont need to worry about the gasket or future codes.

Yep, EPA feature. I experience it a lot in Chicago.
That would make sense why it appears to be so intermittent here and why I hadn't noticed it until more recently after buying the truck last summer. Not quite as consistently chilly in OK as your neck of the woods.

There was a short run of the "Inspiration" package/series with blacked out features but I'm not sure what model years it was included on.
I wanna say that was just 2021. This looks like one of those. Saw one once at a dealer in late 2020.

That would make sense why it appears to be so intermittent here and why I hadn't noticed it until more recently after buying the truck last summer. Not quite as consistently chilly in OK as your neck of the woods.
Likely yes. I don't know the scenarios in which it happens, but I definitely notice it when pulling out when it's well below freezing here. Unrelated but I occasionally get the flashing CDL light at cold start once the temp drops below ~50F.

I turned on CDL while I was out on some dirt roads, but forgot to turn it off when I got back to the main road (Asphalt). I drove about 5 miles @ 60-70mph.
How much life did I take off the TC?

Question: are the LC200 and LX570 lower control arms the same? Both of my lower ball joint boots ruptured recently, my truck has 185,000 miles, so it would probably be worthwhile to change the bushings as well, and it just got me thinking that I should just replace both LCA's as it would be a whole lot easier. I have no issue running the stock ones again, but there are some aftermarket options for the LC200 and I wonder if they might work with my LX570. Particularly this kit from Brenthel Industries.

Thanks in advance.

I turned on CDL while I was out on some dirt roads, but forgot to turn it off when I got back to the main road (Asphalt). I drove about 5 miles @ 60-70mph.
How much life did I take off the TC?
None most likely, unless you were doing s turns on a skid pad.

Question: are the LC200 and LX570 lower control arms the same? Both of my lower ball joint boots ruptured recently, my truck has 185,000 miles, so it would probably be worthwhile to change the bushings as well, and it just got me thinking that I should just replace both LCA's as it would be a whole lot easier. I have no issue running the stock ones again, but there are some aftermarket options for the LC200 and I wonder if they might work with my LX570. Particularly this kit from Brenthel Industries.

Thanks in advance.
Yup - exactly the same.

None most likely, unless you were doing s turns on a skid pad.

Thanks in advance.
I just picked up a pair of OEM lower control arms for $460 for the pair on the Toyota sale last month.

I just picked up a pair of OEM lower control arms for $460 for the pair on the Toyota sale last month.
Sorry, I just saw this. Would you mind providing some details? I am stationed in Germany so I don't have access directly to an American dealer, but I could have them shipped to my APO address USPS.

Sorry, I just saw this. Would you mind providing some details? I am stationed in Germany so I don't have access directly to an American dealer, but I could have them shipped to my APO address USPS.
I’ll jump in here with what I know. The sale was at SE US Toyota dealers in March. That ended, but you could get parts from any of the on line parts departments if they will ship USPS? I use the parts center at Olathe Toyota and there are several others. I suggest not using a SE US dealer until they get caught up from being slammed in March. None of my 3 orders from an Alabama dealer a month ago have shipped yet.

There's no way to have the vehicle start on the home screen rather than full nav screen right? I'm either blind and can't find it in the menus or its only changeable through something like a Techstream--or did Toyota really design a vehicle where the navigation is actually the home screen and not the home screen

Does anyone know the weight rating are the 2016+ OEM wheels are rated at?

Are they rated at 2512 lbs?

Really my question is if I get after market wheels, what is the minimum weight rating the wheels should be at?

What @Sandroad said. They were less than half price (with the free shipping) with the March sale. I tried to get my ball joints out and nearly broke the tool so decided this was the way to go.

Does anyone know the weight rating are the 2016+ OEM wheels are rated at?

Are they rated at 2512 lbs?

Really my question is if I get after market wheels, what is the minimum weight rating the wheels should be at?
Someone at Toyota knows I’m sure ;)

@gaijin previously quoted what they must minimally be rated at given the tire pressure on the vehicle sticker. I want to say it was a hair under 2600#. They may well be rated higher

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom