Spray guy in lower mainland BC needed to bedline spray an ARB front bull bar for me? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking for recommendations of guys with expertise with the tubular design of arb and spraying them with bedliner please?

would it last any longer? Many 4x4 shops can spray bedliner.

I don't think it takes any experience on tubular steel.

If the steel powdercoated bumper is new, leave it alone. if its old and rusty, pay for it to be sandblasted, and then coated. You can do the DOM-16/POR-15 yourself on the blasted steel, and then spray bedliner on that.

Or you could dip-galvanize the blasted bumper. It won't rust then.

I like your idea of por15. Is it possible to spray por15 tho? I’ve painted hidden areas but wouldn’t like the finish on a bullbar

I like your idea of por15. Is it possible to spray por15 tho? I’ve painted hidden areas but wouldn’t like the finish on a bullbar

i hate the idea of POR-15 on a blasted surface as a primer. Use an epoxy primer.

I don't really understand what he's trying to do here. Maybe post a photo?

If the bumper is rusted and damaged, and you're concerned about survival of the inside hollow bar, it'll need to be blasted and galvanized, and it will never look nice again, but it will be the last thing to rust on your truck.

If you paint it with a really nice paint, it'll look nice until it gets used, so why do that?

The truck bed coating, I don't think it achieves anything. Your bumper will still rust from the inside out without galvanizing it.

Looking for recommendations of guys with expertise with the tubular design of arb and spraying them with bedliner please?
Have you phoned any Rhinoliner or Line-X dealers? Or look for a local painter, one-man show who has a
spray booth. It’s easy to do, just tends to make a mess. POR-15 can be sprayed. Read the instructions, it just has to be thinned. POR-15 sure isn’t a bed liner and sure would be the last thing you want to spray
a bumper/bullbar with. It is really brittle and needs paint topcoat at the very least.
I’d suggest Line-X for front of truck durability. Rhino Liner is a bit softer, but this is just opinion.

Thanks for all your opinions. I’ve decided to go back and get it sandblasted and re-powder coated. I didn’t realize there was varying degrees of how heavy duty they can apply it.

Thanks for all your opinions. I’ve decided to go back and get it sandblasted and re-powder coated. I didn’t realize there was varying degrees of how heavy duty they can apply it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom