split case 4:1 gear sets!!!!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

orangefj45

Supporting Vendor
Threads
advance adapters finally announced the release of this gear set. they've been in the making for quite some time now, i saw the prototype set about two months ago in person at their facility. that particular set will be here at my shop later this week at which point i will be installing it in a split case in my vortec powered fj80 behind a 4L60E. i will do my best to document the install since it requires some machine work on the case halves.
here's a pic just to get everybody excited. i am! :bounce::bounce::bounce:

georg @ valley hybrids

update: i have the prototype set in hand now and will be installing it in a case shortly. plan on bringing it to the swap meet on april 2nd. pics on page three, post 45 ( this thread ).
split case gears.jpg

Last edited:
i will be running an introductary special on there for the next few weeks, send me a pm if you're interested. i'll start another thread in the merchandise storefront section with all the info as to not hijack this thread.

tia

georg

Man that is great news! This will be perfect for anyone that don't want driveline/wheelbase mods. Wish they coulda done this sooner.

Last edited:
DUUUUUUUDDDDDE!
I just re BUILT this FAWKER!!!!!:crybaby::bang::crybaby::bang:

Sounds friggin awesome!!!!
Cant wait to see what's involved with the install. Ive gotta say, that would have been a GREAT thing about a YEAR ago for me and would have saved me GOBS of TIME and HEADACHE!

So is it just essentially a 2 speed case?

replacement lower range gearset for the split tcase :)

DUUUUUUUDDDDDE!
I just re BUILT this FAWKER!!!!!:crybaby::bang::crybaby::bang:

Sounds friggin awesome!!!!
Cant wait to see what's involved with the install. Ive gotta say, that would have been a GREAT thing about a YEAR ago for me and would have saved me GOBS of TIME and HEADACHE!

So is it just essentially a 2 speed case?
If by two speeds you mean 1:1 and 4:1 yes. :flipoff2:

Your dual case set-up will be much more flexible, especially for stuff like the loooooong ride from the observation point to the staging area. That would suck with a 4:1 low range.

If by two speeds you mean 1:1 and 4:1 yes. :flipoff2:

Your dual case set-up will be much more flexible, especially for stuff like the loooooong ride from the observation point to the staging area. That would suck with a 4:1 low range.

Yeah...that's what I was getting at (FU*KER!):D:flipoff2:

Very cool indeed. What a great way to get lower gearing and still retain the strength of the split case!

This is the perfect option for many 60/62 owners.

Sorry if this is a dumb question but is this suitible in place of toybox? Or is this something that you would want to have in conjunction with a toy box?

Clint

Hi All:

Great news Georg! :)

But, how much $$ ? :eek:

I know a few folks that will be interested in this! :D

Regards,

Alan

advance adapters finally announced the release of this gear set. they've been in the making for quite some time now, i saw the prototype set about two months ago in person at their facility. that particular set will be here at my shop later this week at which point i will be installing it in a split case in my vortec powered fj80 behind a 4L60E. i will do my best to document the install since it requires some machine work on the case halves.
here's a pic just to get everybody excited. i am! :bounce::bounce::bounce:

georg @ valley hybrids

Hi All:

Great news Georg! :)

But, how much $$ ? :eek:

I know a few folks that will be interested in this! :D

Regards,

Alan

$1500 is what georg has posted in the vendors forum

clint

orangefj45 said:
here's a pic just to get everybody excited. i am!

Awesome!

There's plenty of space in my rig for an h55f and a set of those in the future. I just need to find space in my budget. Maybe in a year or two, but probably on the diesel rig in my future.

They are just 3 months late. :bang: I haven't even shifted my Orion yet.

Last edited:
it can be in addition to a toybox or as a low range gear set on it's own.

Personally, I would not run this gear set and a toy box. I'd get a 4:1 toybox and run the stock tcase for additional options.

That drivetrain would be too long in a 40 with a 5 speed.

depends on how far you moved your rear axle back..

Most split tcases came in 60's anyway...

depends on how far you moved your rear axle back..

Most split tcases came in 60's anyway...

True on both counts, but since they came in fj60s, they're easy to find and relatively cheap.

I really wanted overdrive, but settled for a 4 speed, Orion, 35s and 4.11 gears on Georg's recommendation. It will work great. I'm convinced of that, and the price was right, for sure. I didn't have to deal with a R&P swap or the cost either.

I originally set up my fj62 springs flipped with the axle way back. I didn't like the way it looked. Too much crawler, not enough fj40, so I flipped them back. Just with the longer springs I got almost 3" of extra wheelbase in the back. In the front I have fj55 rears. I'm not sure how much extra wheelbase I got there. Not much. It might be 95" total.

Scary to think of my next build already, but I think it will be a 13bt clone, h55f and some kind of gears. Maybe a toybox and split case with stock gears is the right call.

I REALLY like having the 2:1 option and a 4:1 option (or 8:1 with both engaged) Now, if you got a 2:1 toybox I would not have a problem with it. But damn, that would be a pricey setup! Much better to get a 4:1 toybox and keep the stock low range.

a 16:1 low range gearset is not all that usable.

So with this new 4:1 gear set, would you lose a percentage of the overdrive in 5th gear in an h55 like you do with Marks 3:1 gear set ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom