split case 4:1 gear sets!!!!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The only way to "ad material" would be to weld more aluminum to the case. I don't think that's necessary; we haven't had any problems with leakage or structural integrity.

Georg

Is it true that the later split cases (I think '85 and later?) with the 38mm dia intermediate shaft are thicker than it's earlier counterparts with the 34mm therefore machining the insides of the 34mm style are more susceptible to thinner walls?

Can a 38mm case half fit the earlier style? If so what else needs to as well? I take it the intermediate shaft for sure.

Brought back an old thread ......

Yes these gear sets can be run in conjunction with the PTO gear and gearbox.

The price on the sets was recently lowered considerably by the manufacturer. We now sell them for $1098

Georg @ Valley Hybrids & Cruiser Brothers

fwiw, i have been working with a local manufacturer for a little while now. they do all my water-jet cutting and they also have a fairly new 4-axis mill. i had them machine out a split case for the low range gear set and it turned out beautiful. they're going to charge us $175 per case but would like to do 2-3 of them at a time.
so if anybody needs a case machined, then you're welcome to send me the CLEANED case half ( rear only ) and i'll get it machined. i have a few spare case halves here. might get a few done ( while keeping the matching half for the machined counterpart ) to offer as an exchange-type unit. i guess we'll have to see how much interest there is.
hth
georg @ valley hybrids
Would you be interested in doing this along with milling out for a bigger idler shaft? I have a 34mm case but would like to go to 38mm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom