split case 4:1 gear sets!!!!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So with this new 4:1 gear set, would you lose a percentage of the overdrive in 5th gear in an h55 like you do with Marks 3:1 gear set ?

No. You have 2 ratios for the split case. 1:1 and 4:1.

No. You have 2 ratios for the split case. 1:1 and 4:1.

I was expecting 'em make bit more Hi reduction and the 4:1 in Low .. keeping the Marks low gear set pathern .. that would be fantastic to me .. alowing bigger tires and not necesary regearing axles ..

So with this new 4:1 gear set, would you lose a percentage of the overdrive in 5th gear in an h55 like you do with Marks 3:1 gear set ?

Nope, high range is 1:1 so the gear set won't affect high range at all.

Retail is $1550, I'm running a special right now; $1475.

Hth

Georg @ valley hybrids

although i am very interested in a set of gears i am quite concerned with how much machining will be involved with getting this gear set in a split case...

This FINALLY makes it where you can build a 60 series for moderate trails without breaking the bank. Excellent. Most excellent.

exactly! or how about the 40 series owners that still run the inline 6cyl engines and want to run a 5spd with lower gearing? should be a fantastic upgrade for owners not wanting to run a doubler ( or not able to run a doubler because the rear driveline length won't allow for it ).

although i am very interested in a set of gears i am quite concerned with how much machining will be involved with getting this gear set in a split case...

one way to find out.........my set will be here tomorrow. pics as soon as possible.

georg @ valley hybrids

Gumby,

If you CAN run an Orion, the Orion is the way to go. No machining, bolt it up and go.

If you have a Cruiser with a split case, this is the way to go. You don't have to deal with swapping tansmissions to an non-split 4 speed and you don't have to change flanges....

Atlas opens up another can of worms.

With Mark's Gears you can choose 1:1 or 0.92:1 or 1.08:1 in high range. Then there are two offerings for low range depending on what high range you chose.

~John

What case modifications do you have to make for these gears?

Do these come with an improved counter shaft bearing set up at all?

There are have been 4:1 gears available in Japan for quite some time, but I have never seen a set an they did require some modifications to the casing to make room for the gears.

~John

What case modifications do you have to make for these gears?

Do these come with an improved counter shaft bearing set up at all?

~John

hey john.
the case requires some machine work to clear the larger low speed and idler gears.
are we takling idler shaft or t-case main shaft here?
georg

hey john.
the case requires some machine work to clear the larger low speed and idler gears.

expected sice the marks that are just 3:1 are very very close to touch the case .. ( actually I've seen few BF1A where they " grind " the case )

hey john.
are we takling idler shaft or t-case main shaft here?
georg

The Mark's gears come with a new idler shaft that uses tapered rollers instead of the regular needle bearings.

The tapered bearings reduce/eliminate the thrust issues that exist with the standard idler shaft and thrust washers. The only catch is that the Mark's idler shaft has to have the bearing pre-load set up before installation - though that is already done for you when you buy the kit.

~John

expected sice the marks that are just 3:1 are very very close to touch the case .. ( actually I've seen few BF1A where they " grind " the case )

Oh, I realise that, I have fitted Mark's gears before as I sell them here (and have several sets in stock).

But to get the 4:1 ratio, there's going to have to be a fair bit smaller input gear/larger mating idler gear etc. - just want to see how it's all going to fit together.

~John

The Mark's gears come with a new idler shaft that uses tapered rollers instead of the regular needle bearings.

really .. ? I got mines from MAF and I don't got any shaft .. :frown:

If these work well and run quiet, it's a game changer.

Is there an SM465-split case adapter? That would be a great set up in an FJ40.

How are these in the beef department? Durability behind 300+hp V8's? Available in both idler shaft sizes? Machining effect the case strength?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom