Speedometer correction solution option (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have had my 80 speedo of by 10mph forever.(12+ years)
image.jpg
. 55 on my speedometer was 65by gps. Found a great solution locally and want to pass along this great option. It is plug and play and in under 5 min I had my speedometer spot on. He has a couple more beta models available before final version is avail at a discount. This is a great fix for a common problem we have when gearing and adding bigger tires. I have a 4bt/nv4500/Orion case but it works with all stock harness connections(my speedometer wire harness is stock)
Here is the link to his site if you want
one. Lutzauto.com

image.jpg

so where does the do-hickey mount, under the truck or under the dash?

Is it made in the USA?

It has a lead on it but I just zip tied it to frame rail. You could drill a small hole me route up into or next to center console. I was off by 10 mph so I pushed the +.5 button 60 times to get correct ratio. It’s spot on! It’s weather tight so under is fine . It’s made in San Luis Obispo ,CA.

I ordered one too. The new tires are throwing off my calculations.

No prob!

I tried to order one, but they are apparently out of stock.

He must have sold out of the beta ones.$20 discount. He was waiting for some parts to assemble the final product ones (Covid) backed up supplier so if you e mail him off site he can update you

Got it installed this weekend. One more .5% up adjustment and it'll be spot on according to my Torque app.

Great! Simple easy gratification!! I really love an accurate speedo

I got mine from John Deluxe Speedometer and Cable Service Inc. - Speedometer and Cable Repair - Denver, Colorado in denver colorado. fit my 77 fj40 and he has many options for the ratio correction. I needed to slow my speedo down .9% . at gps 72 my speedo said 80 mph. Now it is spot on. Same type as yours just unscrew the speed cable going into the transfer case, screw on the ratio adjuster and screw your cable back into it. takes a few minutes. just call him and tell him what your speed o says vs gps and what type of vehicle. got it a couple days later in the mail. i also took several speed measurments to be sure my math was right, since it is off by a percent the guage was closer to right at slower speeds but get more out of wack as you speed up. Not any more ;)

I got mine from John Deluxe Speedometer and Cable Service Inc. - Speedometer and Cable Repair - Denver, Colorado in denver colorado. fit my 77 fj40 and he has many options for the ratio correction. I needed to slow my speedo down .9% . at gps 72 my speedo said 80 mph. Now it is spot on. Same type as yours just unscrew the speed cable going into the transfer case, screw on the ratio adjuster and screw your cable back into it. takes a few minutes. just call him and tell him what your speed o says vs gps and what type of vehicle. got it a couple days later in the mail. i also took several speed measurments to be sure my math was right, since it is off by a percent the guage was closer to right at slower speeds but get more out of wack as you speed up. Not any more ;)

Different deal here. 80's don't have a speedometer cable, it's all electronic. So a mechanical solution isn't available like yours was.

spoke with these guys the other day, sounds like their stuff is high quality made in america stuff, he told me it should last the life of the car. My yellowbox ended up dying after about a year. I also like it is set to a specific configuration.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom