LX450 Trim Panel Delete Solution (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I’ve been looking at pictures of a few LX’s that had the trim removed and reading all the ways people felt with the holes. I personally like the mounding look but know I’ll be repairing frequently from off-roading.

Has anyone re-applied or fab’d up some thin 1/8 thick aluminum or steel metal 1” wide strap that would cover the holes? My thoughts it would add some lines to the styling and possibly a little protection.

I’ve been looking at pictures of a few LX’s that had the trim removed and reading all the ways people felt with the holes. I personally like the mounding look but know I’ll be repairing frequently from off-roading.

Has anyone re-applied or fab’d up some thin 1/8 thick aluminum or steel metal 1” wide strap that would cover the holes? My thoughts it would add some lines to the styling and possibly a little protection.
I'm hoping the step sliders on mine fend off anything I'm liable to get into. That is an interesting idea, though, but think I'd go with 1/4" aluminum as it would hold up better and provide a more defining line for the eye to follow.

I'm hoping the step sliders on mine fend off anything I'm liable to get into. That is an interesting idea, though, but think I'd go with 1/4" aluminum as it would hold up better and provide a more defining line for the eye to follow.
Tires are the worst offenders! My cladding is all gone and I miss it! I just need to sack up and jb weld/pop rivet/metal tape the holes and monstaline where the cladding went!

Holes all covered with a mig gun and cleaned up and painted.

20231231_142926.jpg

I did what he did ,only i swapped doors from a cruiser, few holes to weld up. now i have time to go do the ones on the lx that have been sitting in the garage and paint up the welds in the doors

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom