For Sale South Carolina - 1996 Big black and built LX450 Factory Locked Expo Ready (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

TRUCK HAS BEEN SOLD *********

96 Lexus LX450 Factory Triple Locked, 205k miles on odometer. Engine top-end rebuild inc. HeadGasket@ 200k. Rust Free
If you are looking for a cheap project truck, look elsewhere. This truck has been fully restored and and was built to be ready for an expedition that never came to pass. All New OEM Toyota parts were used where available. This is simply one of the nicest Black LX450s in existence.

Extremely clean inside, outside, and underneath. Not even any dirt or mud underneath. Underside and engine bay are almost clean enough to eat off of. The truck needs nothing, Just load your expo gear and go. Zero Accident history, CLEAN Carfax. ALL original VIN tags are present on each and every body panel. Very clean and straight body, no rust. Paint is original and still shines.

The truck gets constant compliments every time I take it out, many Landcruiser owners describe it as "one of the nicest 80 series that they have seen". Engine Runs great, lockers work. Transmission shifts properly, all electronics and accessories work as they should. Heat and A/C work well. Interior is incredible shape for the age. Sunvisors do not sag! Driver Seat belt retracts! Front Seats re-done with matching leather and foam repair. Interior is overall very clean and smoke / pet hair free! I have swapped out the interior door panels with Landcruiser door panels as I am not a fan of the fake woodgrain that was found in the Lexus.

Expedition Build:
ARB Front Winch bumper w/ Lights
Warn 9500lb. Winch (Old school USA made).
Custom Rock Sliders (bolt-on)
ARB Full size Roof rack,mesh floor. factory roof rack carefully removed.
Safari-style snorkel (fully functional)
35" Cooper STT Max tires (5) includes matching spare - Less than 3k miles on them
2nd Battery Tray installed for Future Dual -Battery Setup
Expedition Spares kit - includes extra birfield, drive flange, electrical items, and other common breakage items for extended time away from civilization

Engine:
Engine replaced w/ lower mile used engine in 4/2016
New OEM Toyota Head gasket done on used engine, w/ ARP head studs 4/2016
Every rubber piece, seal, and gasket in the motor replaced with New OEM Toyota Parts - including oil pump seal, front crankshaft seal, and rear main seal.
Upper and lower oil pans re-sealed with Toyota FIPG.
Fuel injectors cleaned/flow tested by InjectorRX
49 state SMOG LEGAL - EGR Sytem cleaned - EGR system fully functional. Wiring harness heat-wrapped for EGR
49 state SMOG LEGAL - evap Canister Replaced - Evap purge system fully functional
New OEM Toyota Motor Mounts
New OEM Toyota Throttle Cable 9/2018
Full Tune up: NGK plugs/wires/dist. cap and rotor. Dist oil seal, etc.

Exhaust:
New Magnaflow Y-Pipe (old heavy style - rare & no longer available) 5/2016
New Magnaflow Primary Cat Converter 5/2016
Secondary Cat Converter Deleted
New Denso front and rear 02 sensors 7/2018
New OEM Toyota exhaust hangers throughout
Bosal Mid-Section muffler

Cooling System:
New TYC Radiator 7/2015
New OEM Toyota Fan Clutch 7/2015
New AISIN Water Pump 4/2016
New OEM Toyota Thermostat 4/2016
All coolant hoses replaced with New OEM Toyota where available
New OEM Toyota heater valve
Rear Heater removed / PHH bypassed
Converted to Conventional Green coolant (more widely available in remote areas)

Steering:
New Power Steering High Pressure Hose 2/2016
Re-man OEM Power Steering Pump 2/2016

Brakes:
New reman Brake Calipers Front and rear, LSPV bypassed 5/2017
EBC Heavy-Duty Cross Drilled Front rotors and EBC Sport pads 7/2018
New AISIN master cylinder installed 4/2018

Transmission;
Transmission pan dropped, magnets and filter cleaned, and re-filled with Mobil1 Synthetic ATF.

Suspension:
Old Man Emu 2.5 "Heavy" Suspension
Rear Lower control arms upgraded to Metal-Tech Adjustable
Rear Upper Control arms upgraded to Blackhawk Adjustable

Drive-train:
Complete Front-axle rebuild / Birfield service completed with Cruiser Outfitters OEM kit, new bearings 7/2018
New OEM Toyota front axle seals
Front Differential Pinion bearings replaced by Zuk 7/2018
New OEM Toyota U joints in Front driveshaft, re-balanced, cleaned and painted
New OEM Toyota U joints in Rear driveshaft, re-balanced , cleaned and painted
Front, Center, Rear Differential fluid upgraded to Valvoline Synthetic

Interior / Misc:
Pioneer speakers and radio upgrade. Factory amp bypassed
Security System/ Anti-theft features to be discussed with buyer
Both front seats repaired w/ Gamiviti gears (move fore/aft perfectly)
Both Front seats reupholstered with high-quality matching leather (smells so nice)
Full set of new Exterior OEM Toyota Belt moldings
Windows Tinted to South Carolina Legal Maximum (27%) with Huper Optik tint
Fire Extinguisher / Snatch Strap/ D Shackles/ Hi-Lift /Other misc. gear included

=================================

"The story" - I will keep this as brief as I am sure nobody wants to read a novel on here. I would be happy to discuss specifics of my rig in more detail with anyone interested. This is my 2nd 80 series, and I looked for quite a while to find one that was clean, not abused, no rust, no accidents, clean carfax, factory locked, etc. I picked this one up in Jan 2016, it was the cleanest/straightest body on an 80 series I had ever seen. Not even a month after I bought it, the motor developed rod knocking.

I debated about rebuilding vs. sourcing a used motor - and I ended up finding a used lower mileage 1FZFE from a fellow mudder' in GA. I brought the motor home and decided that I might as well replace the head gasket before the "new" motor went in. This effort ended up taking over 4 months, as I replaced the head gasket along with every gasket and seal in the engine. Every vacuum line, every hose, every oil seal was replaced with OEM Toyota parts. I also cleaned and painted the block and valve cover. All the normal maintenance items were also addressed at this time: Aisin Water pump, Oem Thermostat, all belts, NGK spark plugs, NGK wires, dist. cap/rotor, Oem PCV, Oem heater valve, power steering lines, etc. were all replaced.

This is one of 4 vehicles I own, and sadly I rarely drive it. It stays in my garage most of the time. I had big plans of doing a true months-long South America expedition, but unfortunately life got in the way and my trip never happened.

This is great example of a well documented and maintained FZJ80. I have a stack of maintenance / receipts over 3 inches thick, going back to the mid 2000's. The exterior is in above average condition for the age, and the truck has never had any accidents or paintwork. The paint is still very shiny, and there is no rust on the body. There are blemishes and imperfections in the paint, but it is in much better shape than most of the FZJ80's that I've seen in person. All original VIN tags are still present on all body panels.

The undercarriage is in great shape too, the truck is about as rust-free as you can get for an east-coast rig. There is some minor surface rust here and there, but nothing major. Mostly on some bolt heads and such. The trailer hitch has a few spots of rust. No rust scale or build-up. I would call it a 90% rust free truck. I have included several undercarriage shots

Will consider trades for a very clean stock or stock-ish 2005-2007 LX470/Landcruiser 100 series. Not Interested in any other trades whatsoever. Trades must be on par with my truck or I would not even consider.

Last edited:
That one sweet reg, the under side is cleaner then most west coast reg's. GLWS That Cruiser is going to make someone Happy!!!!!

Damn...

Awesome truck. I'd be too afraid to wheel it, though. :)

When you say "49-state SMOG legal", I am guessing it is not legal in CA?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom