Sourcing a coil wire for FJ40

Does anyone know where I can get a coil wire for an FJ40. They are NLA through Toyota. I bought some NGK wires awhile back and the coil wire isn’t long enough. That being said I don’t want to buy the whole kit from another source just for that one wire. I have my igniter and coil on the fender vs it being on the block. Thanks in advance.

Cimarron

77mustard40

SILVER Star
Does anyone know where I can get a coil wire for an FJ40. They are NLA through Toyota. I bought some NGK wires awhile back and the coil wire isn’t long enough. That being said I don’t want to buy the whole kit from another source just for that one wire. I have my igniter and coil on the fender vs it being on the block. Thanks in advance.

Cimarron
I just went through this, I was running a wire set for a FJ-60 (still available from the dealer) but was having a connection issue with the lead at the coil. I just couldn't keep in snug with a good connection and it would work loose and then I'd see misfires or starting issues. I ended up picking up a kit from NAPA that was a build your own plug wire kit, IIRC is was around $25. I ended up cutting off the old connection on the lead at the coil and used the hardware in the kit to crimp on a new connection and boot. Worked great. I still have the wires and can check the lengths of the wires, on mine my existing lead was 24" so I had room to use the original lead.

<rant> Everyone's spark plug wires (even Denso) for FJ40s assumes the coil is mounted to the side of the block (early style)- even for a '78. I think I ended up using my old coil wire, or the old #1 spark plug wire for the coil.

77mustard40

SILVER Star
I forgot to check this last night but here you go, this kit comes with 7MM silicone wire that looks pretty good, crimp connectors and boots. 6 total plug wires that are 36” long. Probably overkill for what you need but you could chop off a plug connector and use two crimp connectors and boots at each end to make your lead and have 5 wires left over. Heck I’d sell you what I have for $15 plus the ride.

144FE98C-3C0A-4AF9-8C96-671CFFE8680C.jpeg

ADFAB821-F652-4E9E-8199-175593B56CC4.jpeg

064C3AAC-F50A-4E89-9512-90D19A2014E5.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom