Sources for AHC Accumulator Globes (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Impex is an importer of auto parts. Pricing is very good - similar to what I expect is Japanese wholesale pricing. Shipping is reasonable. A full set of gas chambers/accumulator/globes is around $750 shipped
Great info! Thanks!

Might look at megazip too. Just bought a full set for my LX 570 for $680.

This is my first post but I thought I'd share my recent experience with Pleiades. Phil was very helpful, I ordered a full set which cost me $693.60 US shipped to me just outside of Fort Worth, TX. I ordered them Friday, 2/5, they shipped Monday and I had them at my door about 32 hours later. Unbelievable. I ordered my AHC fluid the same day these shipped and they probably won't make it here this week at all... Thanks to all of the contributors, this forum is an amazing resource. Oh yeah, new and proud owner of a 2000 LX470. I apologize for the giant photo.

IMG_4074.jpg

I thought it was discussed in this thread, but it must be a similarly titled thread. Many folks have ordered through them and all appears "legit".

Impex is an importer of auto parts. Pricing is very good - similar to what I expect is Japanese wholesale pricing. Shipping is reasonable. A full set of gas chambers/accumulator/globes is around $750 shipped.

Suprarx7nut, can you list all the parts you purchased? Looking to refresh my AHC, but was under the impression I'd only need the 4 globes. 2 of the 49141-60010 and 2 of the 49151-60010

FYI, I've got a set of globes that I had installed for about 300 miles in a clean system with clear Toyota fluid, no bubbles, leaks, etc., before I decided to go a different direction for my setup. Not sure what shipping will cost, but I'm willing to let them go for $450+ shipping for anyone in need. They were purchased from Plaides UK. Just shoot me a message if interested. I'll post to classifieds in a few weeks, but thought I'd just note it here first.

FYI, I've got a set of globes that I had installed for about 300 miles in a clean system with clear Toyota fluid, no bubbles, leaks, etc., before I decided to go a different direction for my setup. Not sure what shipping will cost, but I'm willing to let them go for $450+ shipping for anyone in need. They were purchased from Plaides UK. Just shoot me a message if interested. I'll post to classifieds in a few weeks, but thought I'd just note it here first.
These are not the OEM versions right?

When using the Pleiades spheres, do we adjust pressures to same as OEM spheres via Techstream?

I have them installed. The front pressure is 6.9, rear is 6.xx, and the ride is still very firm. When lowering / raising the truck, it’s very springy and lurches. Not a smooth transition in height.

Last edited:
When using the Pleiades spheres, do we adjust pressures to same as OEM spheres via Techstream?

I have them installed. The front pressure is 6.9, rear is 6.xx, and the ride is still very firm. When lowering / raising the truck, it’s very springy and lurches. Not a smooth transition in height.

I have the same issue with my Pleiades spheres, lurching movement when raising/lowering - especially lowering. I wish I had known about Impex when I ordered them.

• Sad
Reactions: rvk
Bottom Line Up Front:
IMPEX 100%!!!

I ordered a set from IMPEX for my 2000 LX
$731 for all four shipped.
Ordered on 1 June, received on 16 June.

I paid $703.22 for 4 globes shipped from IMPEX. Should be arriving late next week. Definitely the best deal for OEM. If you can wait 2 weeks for the process. Mine aren't unbearable even at 345k so I was willing to wait a couple weeks for sure.

Has anyone else had good experiences with Impex? They seem like a better option for OEM than Ebay.

Last edited:
Has anyone else had good experiences with Impex? They seem like a better option for OEM than Ebay.

For further reports on Impex, see

Similar alternatives are

-- based in UAE

-- base in Singapore

-- based in Japan

-- based in Japan

Each of these businesses can be competitive on prices on different parts from time to time. All have been reliable, at least in my experience. Recently, Impex seems to have the sharpest pricing on 'globes'.

In all cases (and for all eBay sources), it is worth having a look at the "About Us" page on their websites to get some idea of the business, its location, and their contact details. Personally, I prefer to deal with businesses that have a visible physical address and contact details in case something goes wrong. I also like to be satisfied about which carriers they use, for reliability and so that I know that shipment can be tracked.

Pricing of parts from the above sources often is competitive compared with local at sources but cost of freight to the buyer plus any taxes or duties plus risk can change the equation, especially for heavy parts, so it is best to check local pricing first.

The above businesses all participate in the worldwide trade in genuine auto parts. Mostly, these businesses operate using a network of suppliers. Some of them have large inventories in their own warehouses at various places around the world. This is not much different to the way auto manufacturers such as Toyota/Lexus operate -- they don't make all their own stuff but have a vast network of suppliers of the parts used in vehicle assembly and later supplied as spare parts in the auto manufacturer's (Toyota or Lexus) packaging.

It is also important to find and read the "Terms and Conditions" page on the supplier websites -- to avoid surprises on payment terms, returns, delivery, substitutions, partial fulfillment of orders, warranties (if any), etc, etc,

Some eBay sources are reliable, some are not, so it is a case of "buyer beware".

There also is an immense network of traders in non-genuine auto parts, used auto parts and fake copies of auto parts, so some care is advisable.

Last edited:
Received 4 from Impex last week for a touch over $600 incl shipping … their internal order process took 4 days and then 3 days shipping to my NJ doorstep … add an extra few dollars payment to your Impex account (I did it via PayPal) as there always seems to be a shortfall between their shipping quote and actual final shipping invoice.
Their website is not exactly intuitive but hang in there and you’ll eventually work it out. Good luck

Received 4 from Impex last week for a touch over $600 incl shipping … their internal order process took 4 days and then 3 days shipping to my NJ doorstep … add an extra few dollars payment to your Impex account (I did it via PayPal) as there always seems to be a shortfall between their shipping quote and actual final shipping invoice.
Their website is not exactly intuitive but hang in there and you’ll eventually work it out. Good luck
So I'm about to place an order for these same accumulators but wanted to confirm that these are the same ones you ordered and you're still happy with your purchase. I just can't believe the price difference between dealers and even a few "local" online vendors vs these IMPEX globes. Anyway, thanks for the feedback.

PS. Reason I'm replacing is because I think they might still be the stock globes. Lately I've been noticing that the suspension keeps re-leveling at random times as if it looses pressure. I'm keeping the AHC system so I feel this is a good investment regardless. Shock absorbers will be next.

2006-LX470-Accumulators.JPG

So I'm about to place an order for these same accumulators but wanted to confirm that these are the same ones you ordered and you're still happy with your purchase. I just can't believe the price difference between dealers and even a few "local" online vendors vs these IMPEX globes. Anyway, thanks for the feedback.

PS. Reason I'm replacing is because I think they might still be the stock globes. Lately I've been noticing that the suspension keeps re-leveling at random times as if it looses pressure. I'm keeping the AHC system so I feel this is a good investment regardless. Shock absorbers will be next.

View attachment 2848764
Yip, that’s them and I’m 100% happy … don’t forget there is a difference between front and rear when installing. I used the chisel and hammer method to remove originals after trying for 3 minutes with waste of time fan wrench … was heaps easier than I was expecting. Good luck

Yip, that’s them and I’m 100% happy … don’t forget there is a difference between front and rear when installing. I used the chisel and hammer method to remove originals after trying for 3 minutes with waste of time fan wrench … was heaps easier than I was expecting. Good luck
Awesome sauce, thanks again for confirming. I just placed my order and can't wait to get these refreshed. Noted on the front vs rear installation. :rofl: Cheers !

Do not forget to check the status every couple of days: there will be an extra small charge that you may miss if you wait for a notification in a passive mode. Just the way the business works. They are honest, but you have to be active until you get the final [shipment] announcement.
Otherwise they will wait for the extra tiny payment, and you will wait for the goods... until you discover all this.

To recap: the first payment is the 'estimate payment', followed by the 'adjustment payment' for the actual weight, dimensions and currency rate differential.
At least, this was the case both times I purchased from them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom