Source for OME Suspension? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Another vote for Cruiser Outfitters, ordered mine from them back in 2016 and they called me to verify everything because I had selected the HD springs.

OME Medium duty on 33x10.5. Been installed for about 5 years. Pretty sure I took a leaf out of the rear pack because it was sitting too high.

IMG_8534.JPG
IMG_8524.JPG

Damn @Jsway7 - what a perfect "here's what your truck would look like with OME Mediums"... right down to the tire size and color. This does support my thinking that the truck is sitting higher than 2"-3" over stock. Good heads up on the rear too. Thanks!

Screen Shot 2022-04-20 at 4.41.33 PM.png

Damn @Jsway7 - what a perfect "here's what your truck would look like with OME Mediums"... right down to the tire size and color. This does support my thinking that the truck is sitting higher than 2"-3" over stock. Good heads up on the rear too. Thanks!

View attachment 2987382
Tire brand/type as well! I actually had 31’s on it before, but swapped the 33’s from my 4runner just to see. Bad move… need 33’s for the truck now. They look perfect with a small lift.

One day I hope to have fresh paint like yours. (Current focus is restoring the 4runner). The PO rattle canned the front passenger fender and door of the truck. Right over the decal… the bed has pretty good, light patina. Might eventually respray the cab and fenders and try mimick the light patina on the bed.

yeah, that's a trail gear company. I wouldn't recommend unless there is no other option.
Everybody else > Trail Gear > Marlin.

Just sayin'.

Maybe: Everybody else > All-Pro > Trail Gear > Marlin?
Not a fan of Chris or Jon.
Am a fan of Kurt, he's helped me with weird stuff that he didn't make a dime on so I buy from him anything that I can. We need more vendors like that.

Maybe: Everybody else > All-Pro > Trail Gear > Marlin?
Not a fan of Chris or Jon.
Am a fan of Kurt, he's helped me with weird stuff that he didn't make a dime on so I buy from him anything that I can. We need more vendors like that.
All-Pro = Trail Gear. Don't know Jon. Agree with Chris. Kurt rocks!

Jon Bundrant (sp?) is the founder of All-Pro. Chris worked for him first after being an IT guy at UCSB, then moved to Marlin. This goes back to the days of Off-Road.com's yota email list. Lots of notables were on that list. Both Ellinger's, Brian and Scott, Erik Bieblehiemer (sp?), Karl Bellve, & Bud of Bud-Built to name a few.

I took that to mean that Marlin was placed above the others listed. That's how I see it anyway.

I took that to mean that Marlin was placed above the others listed. That's how I see it anyway.
Not my intention. I would shop TG over Marlin. TG is greater than Marlin, but that isn't saying much. I dealt with CG when he was at All-Pro. It was not a favorable encounter, though I think he might have been trying to be funny. His delivery came off self-righteous. I've shopped at TG recently and things went well. I didn't have the Marlin silliness.

As far as Marlin, that shop has been in disarray for decades. Worst business practices out there. Listing product in stock when it's not ... taking your money ... then finding out the part you needed NOW was not in stock ... then they take their time to refund your money so you can go shop someplace else. That and the rebuilt transmission they sold me that had to be repaired after 10K miles.

IME that is CG's normal demeanor. It started getting like that soon after he went to work at All-Pro. At about the same time he inherited the ORC list Mod duties. Capricious and Arbitrary were his Gold Stds for judgement. Cronies got a different level of moderation than the rest of us.

MC has always delivered for me. Their forum, however, is a different deal. I might be the only person on the planet with negative turtle points!

I like MC's products, but actually getting them have been hit or miss for quite some time - which is unfortunate.

Mc needs someone who actually knows marketing and money management... Not big mike :rolleyes:
Fact is mechanics (marlin) don't always make the best business men. (i can relate)
Mc has some cool products but their priorities are sideways. And their internet setup is still in the 90s.
Watching these guys r&d long travel for five years while the rest of the store flails is annoying. Especially for the money, there's no question a sas is money better spent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom