Source for Ignition Coils (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Honestly, NGK is the only instance where I don't agree with that. I think factory is best in almost every case regarding Land Cruisers but not this one...
I think that at worst, they are equal to Denso and more likely just a touch better.

NGK makes good products no doubt but it just seems that most people on here have better luck with the factory parts, which in this case is denso. My lx has 450k on a set of denso coils that very well could be the originals, other than the one I replaced. The denso radiators suck though. Don't even get me started on those.

I just purchased 8 Densos from Rock Auto for $48/ea. Not bad for OEM. The originals had 369k.

"I just purchased 8 Densos from Rock Auto for $48/ea." Did you have some sort of discount code or rebate to get that price, as all I see on their site is pt. no. 673-1303 for $54.79?

I bought them a month ago, I guess the price jumped, but that’s still a good deal compared to the dealer your getting.

You guys are forgetting that "while you are in there replacing a coil" you also have to remove the valve covers to do the valve cover gaskets as well as the coil seals because that's just what we do. just kidding, but I do have a valve cover leak and coil seal leaks so I will be doing all this at some point.

Anybody ever try the Walker coils? I see them on Rock auto. Price is attractive. $22.79 each if you buy 8. part # 92120101

Anybody ever try the Walker coils? I see them on Rock auto. Price is attractive. $22.79 each if you buy 8. part # 92120101
I have always been told Toyota, Denso, or Flamma YEC. Anything else could be dicey, at least from the folks I listen to.

Don’t buy 8. Buy only as many you need to replace and buy one extra. Buy Denso. Buy the replacement boot kit for the rest.

Just adding my anecdotal experience. I replaced all of my >20 year old coils with YEC Flamma three years ago, and haven't had a single issue. I had cracks in most of the originals, and didn't want to spend the money on Toyota/Denso. It's a sample size of eight coils, but for $25/each it might be a good option for some folks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom