Source for Ignition Coils (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Reading about the off shore sources for AHC globes - is there a similar source for OEM ignition coils? I need to replace all in a 1999 LC. Any suggestions are appreciated.

i use partsouq for almost any big-ticket item, they are usually 30% cheaper than buying from a US-based seller

part 90919-02249

Toyota Parts Deal $84.97 /ea

Partsouq $69.63 /ea

Last edited:
Denso is the OEM supplier for the LC100. OE likely has marginally higher quality control but you'll be fine in this case. Save one of your old ones as a spare and tuck it away somewhere in your 100.

DENSO 673-1303

$42-ish online.

Edit: $55-ish online.

Last edited:
I've been using OEM coils off of a wracked Sequoia truck.. Been a few years and no issues. $5 a piece back then.

Denso is the OEM supplier for the LC100. OE likely has marginally higher quality control but you'll be fine in this case. Save one of your old ones as a spare and tuck it away somewhere in your 100.

DENSO 673-1303

$42-ish online.

Where are you seeing that price? That sounds suspiciously low to me.

Where are you seeing that price? That sounds suspiciously low to me.
Screenshot 2023-01-04 at 12-12-52 2006 LEXUS LX470 4.7L V8 Ignition Coil RockAuto.png

Screenshot from rockauto.com. No other website can beat their price unless someone is selling counterfeit for 42.

Yeah, even on rockauto they're $55 a piece. They're usually the lowest. If you are seeing $42 on amazon I would be extremely suspicious.

Is this a preventative maintenance item or wait til one fails? What’s the typical life of one?

I pulled all of mine and checked the condition of them. I had one that had a hairline crack in it. I replaced that entire coil. I replaced all of the rubber boots on the ends of all of the others. Been fine for a couple of years now. You can replace just the boots. They do get dried out and either crack or break.

Go to densoautoparts.com

Shows your part number and the authorized online dealers. I have found rockauto to have second quality items in the past. I would go to the dealers Denso mentions. Pricing is not that different; ~$57 each.

Link here:

Denso Coil Listing

So I was out fiddling on a trail tonight and got a flashing check engine and it was a misfire on cylinder 4. I'm assuming it's a coil pack, but saw on a post that you can just replace the boot? Is it worth doing the boot or should I just go all 8 coil packs and be done with it?

So I was out fiddling on a trail tonight and got a flashing check engine and it was a misfire on cylinder 4. I'm assuming it's a coil pack, but saw on a post that you can just replace the boot? Is it worth doing the boot or should I just go all 8 coil packs and be done with it?
For me not worth the trouble unless you have the time/$$/patience to re-do it in the event it fails. Replacing all 8 is assuming all are of the same age/mileage because if one of eight fails, the rest will follow suit soon. Unless you had it from brand new or have a record from PO of which that specific plug was replaced when.

For me not worth the trouble unless you have the time/$$/patience to re-do it in the event it fails. Replacing all 8 is assuming all are of the same age/mileage because if one of eight fails, the rest will follow suit soon. Unless you had it from brand new or have a record from PO of which that specific plug was replaced when.
Copy that. Ill reach out to the previous owner and double check, but I'm assuming it's age related. Running on 230k. I'll just order 8 Denso coils and rest easy and then keep the best couple as spares. Thanks for the help!

because if one of eight fails, the rest will follow suit soon

This isn't the case for me or most here on Mud. There's plenty of people that replace all 8 when one goes or just as PM, but what most see if one failure and that's it. I've only had one fail, at about 125k, replaced it alone, and the rest have been going 135k beyond that. Just a lot of money for all 8 to be replaced if they don't need to be.

^ ditto

This isn't the case for me or most here on Mud. There's plenty of people that replace all 8 when one goes or just as PM, but what most see if one failure and that's it. I've only had one fail, at about 125k, replaced it alone, and the rest have been going 135k beyond that. Just a lot of money for all 8 to be replaced if they don't need to be.
That makes practical sense and would always depend on one’s use and expectation of the vehicle. I based off mine on risk > reward being stuck in a remote place when we overland with kids in tow. All the old known good plugs are in my go bag as spare.

Makes sense in just replacing as needed. If I knew the history of the current coils, I may do one and just be on the lookout (or buy two and have one ready for another failure). But not knowing and also having no idea how the vehicle is supposed to feel as far as power and performance, I picked up 8. This way I can see how it performs with all new coils and plugs. Then I can keep the known working coils as spares and swap them in as needed or while I'm waiting for new ones to arrive.

I had a misfire when I first purchased my 100 series as stated in my earlier comment. I found one of my coils had a crack in the side of it. I replace only that coil. I replaced the boots on the rest of them because they were dried out and cracking. That was two years ago and haven't had to replace another coil. I would say replace them as they go bad. If you're going off grid carry a spare in the glove box.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom