source for factory 75 series boxes (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hi everybody!

Wayne, finaly i have the pic of the HZJ79 trays for sale in france, thought it's only magazine picture!

trays.jpg

By the way, for the flat version, i've heard them called flatbeds too and over here in the north of france, they call them "caisse" (box) and where i live "bennes" which it the part in a big truck where you put the concrette, tarmac, sand or earth etc!

Seeya!

Last edited:
hi,
those trays would be a perfect fit on my newly acquired 2000 HZJ79 cab & chassis stripped to the bone skeleton. (no drivetrain & wheels)!
ivanhoe

ivanhoe said:
hi,
those trays would be a perfect fit on my newly acquired 2000 HZJ79 cab & chassis stripped to the bone skeleton. (no drivetrain & wheels)!
ivanhoe
Get with Wayne, and between you buy a few, they're dead cheap, 450€ with tax, which would mean 361€ before shipping because you don't have to pay the french VAT. I would guess thoses weight between 200 to 300kg. The guys know a tad about shipping, but it might be better to ask somebody else for quotes; as i said to Wayne, i'm ok to help for the translation to complete the deal.

Best regards.

Max.

i'll first check my sources on this side of the pond and if i get nowhere, we'll talk somemore! having a few shipped together would be cost effective. the only problem is wayne is on the otherside of the country. merci pour l'intérêt de nous aider!
ivanhoe

ivanhoe said:
i'll first check my sources on this side of the pond and if i get nowhere, we'll talk somemore! having a few shipped together would be cost effective. the only problem is wayne is on the otherside of the country. merci pour l'intérêt de nous aider!
ivanhoe

Hey hey hey.........

A boy from my home town, well welcome.

I lived and grew up on Troute lake and had a cottage on four mile bay.

Boy the world gets small quickly.

ivanhoe said:
hi,
ivanhoe

This deserves a thread of its own with big pics:D

this truck is somewhat used, you know what i mean(rental mining truck)! it's in good shape, good chassis and cab, fenders & hood rough. i saved it from the crusher, i mean wrecker and not wayne! pics is not something you want to see, believe me. it's not for the weak hearted! :eek:

i was on vancouver island on my honeymoon back in 1988! this world is sure is small in this big country of ours. i've got to know joel fast who lived here for a short time before moving back to b.c.! :cheers:

ivanhoe

ivanhoe said:
this truck is somewhat used, you know what i mean(rental mining truck)! it's in good shape, good chassis and cab, fenders & hood rough. i saved it from the crusher, i mean wrecker and not wayne! pics is not something you want to see, believe me. it's not for the weak hearted! :eek:

i was on vancouver island on my honeymoon back in 1988! this world is sure is small in this big country of ours. i've got to know joel fast who lived here for a short time before moving back to b.c.! :cheers:

ivanhoe

Who cares, I think all of us enjoy the pics and stories of busted and bent cruisers as much as the mint JDM examples.:D

It sounds like you got a big job ahead but ultimately it will be very rewarding doing it from the ground up.
Hey,youll probably have the newest J7 in North America:cool:

ivanhoe said:

ivanhoe

Here's a question, would one of these boxes work on a 78 fj45 lwb?

If so, I'm in Ontario as well (Toronto to be exact), and would be interested in picking one up, we could split the shipping out east?

This would work out far better than trying to restore my rusted out box.

Thanks.

MadmanCruiser said:

If so, I'm in Ontario as well (Toronto to be exact), and would be interested in picking one up, we could split the shipping out east?

Thanks.

hi,
you must be a member of the uppercruiser club in toronto! i'm not sure if the box from the hzj79 would fit the 45's frame maybe wayne could chime in on this one. i could use one on my 78fj45 also but getting two will be hard to pass through the wifey. :grinpimp:
ivanhoe

ivanhoe said:
hi,
you must be a member of the uppercruiser club in toronto! i'm not sure if the box from the hzj79 would fit the 45's frame maybe wayne could chime in on this one. i could use one on my 78fj45 also but getting two will be hard to pass through the wifey. :grinpimp:
ivanhoe

Any idea if it would work Wayne?

I used to belong to the club a few years back but sort of stopped going. It just seemed I couldn't get to the meetings anymore as life always got in the way. It was certainly fun when I went!

Just picked up a pretty nice HJ60 for a friend from up your way (north east of you to be exact), heck of a day trip from Toronto to say the least! :)

Is your wife sympathetic to the "Cruiser Cause"? If so, maybe you could play the "preservation of a true classic" angle. If that doesn't work, just try to sell her on how much nicer your 45 would look sitting in the driveway/barn/yard/shed with a clean rust free box on it! That alone would have my significant other digging through her purse to get me her checkbook!

Adam

MadmanCruiser said:
Any idea if it would work Wayne?

Adam

I think he is on holidays out east right now.

he had a 45 box on the hzj75, I think the wheel well had to moved, not too sure whats involved in that?????

he's on his way to look at my 2000 HZJ79 skeleton, lol! did he drive or fly down east? whereabouts? maybe he's paying me a surprise visit with the whole family(20)! :eek:
ivanhoe

MadmanCruiser said:

Thanks.

Hey Wayne...now that you're back (I missed the thread about you coming out to ONtario, would've liked to have met you in person while you were here...next time) any idea if one of these boxes would work on an FJ45 LWB?

Adam

Satamax said:
Hi everybody!

Wayne, i've noticed you're back, since you were intrested, look in the previous page of this thread, there's a pic of the boxes sold by that french company!

Bye.

Max
yes, i am interested. i will take about 4 and if you can work the purchase and shipping to the boat i will take care of the finances and will slip you some for your troubles.
just shoot me an email to
wayne@crushersrule.com
and lets proceed to the next step...
cheers and thanks.

MadmanCruiser said:
Hey Wayne...now that you're back (I missed the thread about you coming out to ONtario, would've liked to have met you in person while you were here...next time) any idea if one of these boxes would work on an FJ45 LWB?

Adam
the dimentions are the same but the wheel well opening is 2" to far back to fit the 45. you could redrill the main leaf and relocate the axle back to fit though
cheers

crushers said:
the dimentions are the same but the wheel well opening is 2" to far back to fit the 45. you could redrill the main leaf and relocate the axle back to fit though
cheers

Hmmm....I need a new rear driveshaft anyhow...tempting....

Whadya say ivanhoe...you in?

Adam

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom