Source for BFG 33x9.5x15 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone have a source for the BFG AT 33x9.5x15? I just bought a set a few months ago but now everyone is back ordered. Called everyplace I can think of, including all the online brokers I know. BFG says they are not discontinued but they don't have a production date yet. Any help would be appreciated!

Did you try TireRack?

I did - on backorder there too. Some places like Performance Plus show them as available on the web site and will let you order them, but they are just a direct BFG broker and you never get your tires. That happened to me on the last batch. Ordered them from OnlineTires.com and they never showed up. Their phone service is a nightmare. Took me hours to get through only to find out they were out of stock. Now I actually call and confirm that they have them. I'm sure there are a bunch sitting out there on the racks, but I don't know where they are. Help!!!

I bought mine at Discount tire, both sets. One for the 40 and one for the pig

Just called BFG again and got a really nice customer service person in South Carolina. She confirmed that the 33 9.5 is an active part number and said they always tell them if they are planning to cut something off. She also confirmed that there are a TON of backorders. But, no production date. Maybe patience is called for. I was a little stressed that they might stop making them.

Good time to sell a used set! I had an opportunity to buy a used set a few weeks ago for $500, but passed since they were 6 yrs old. Now I kind of wish I had them to limp through the winter. I bought the last set just 6 months ago for $745 shipped to my door (5). Supply/demand I guess.

Here's a thought - last time this happened, I was able to source a set from, of all places, Costco!

It was a special order (i.e., not locally stocked), but they were already in the Costco system.

They look great, but you will need a small lift to clear the rear fenders in the front, if you don't already have that done.

New springs and shackles did it for my rig - total difference between tired factory leaf springs and shackles to new leaf springs and shackles was about 2.5 inches.

Kirk

I was going to mention SamsClub, Costco, other warehouses, BUT - just remembered - Most of them NOW have to check for (internal database) computer match as "Available as OEM option" & Then mount them on the vehicle (to ensure that you weren't lying). Ran into this problem on both my vehicles. They wouldn't sell me the tires. They also wouldn't / weren't able to do a reverse check through the database to tell me what vehicles the tires COULD be mounted onto (so that maybe I could find someone to drive in on my old tires (on their vehicle) and then we switch them again at home). Policy MAY have changed back, but, considering that the quoted reason (in multiple stores, multiple states) is "Liability", I doubt it.

Apparently it's a liability issue. To clarify, they also would NOT sell & mount them unless the vehicle (regardless of Mod's) had them listed as original equipment option (in THEIR database), NOR would they sell them as "Carry-away & get mounted at home". Sounds like WAIT, or USED are your only options if you've got your heart set on those particular tires.

Just tried my local Costco tire dept. and the conversation went like this:

"Hi, I'd like to check on the price and availability of a set of BFG All Terrain TA Tires"
"OK, what size?"
"33x9.50R15"
"Uhhh, no, uhh, do you have the actual tire size?"
"That is the tire size"
"No, I mean like P235...."
"These aren't metric tires. The size is 33x9.50R15"
"Um hold on..."

New guy answered the phone, understood me, and then put me on hold to make a call and check the system.

Long story short: None in the entire Costco system, including Canada and Hawaii.

The guy at Tire Town Fair (before I realized that I would have trouble sourcing the BFGs) told me that they're totally unsafe to mount on the 5.5 rim, and that he just couldn't put his guy's life or my life in jeopardy. He was the "manager." Of course he was happy to mount any old military bias ply or little car tire, even though the load rating was way low. In this high-tech modern world, nobody could possibly be qualified to make a decision about something as critical as tire selection, right? Too many men with soft hands.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom