SOunds like a big pile of........Stuff parts that is (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ballpark value needed for 2 1976 Toyota landcruiser fj40's.I'm LTB

What the heck would this be worth??? (see ad below)

This is somebody else's ad that I'm looking to buy. I need help on what a fair offer would be. This is not my ad.

If its a deal I might bite on it.

"I am parting out two 1976 Toyota landcruiser fj40's. I have many High end parts including: Old man Emu lift, Rancho 9000 shocks one set that is unused, Full roll cage built by Renegade fabrication (Renegade fabricates parts for Manefre-- very high quality).I have front grills and bumbers built by Renegade, Rear Swing gate buit by Renegade which holds an ice chest, tire, and high lift jack, Extra high lift jacks, power steering conversion, full floater rear end with Detroit locker installed (set up by 4 wheeler supply), two front grills built by Renegade, doors, fenders, hoods et. all clean from Arizona vehicles which have very little rust if any, two chevy engines, one is a LT1 with less than 20,000 miles which comes with wiring harness and computer, the other is a rebuilt 350 chevy with less than 10,000 miles, I have a full roll cage built by Renegade(very nice). I have 2 SM420 trannies with 1978 transfer cases ( the strong ones ) installed with advance adpter kits. I partialy disasemmbled both vehicles for restoration but have no time to complete so I am selling everything in parts. There is to many parts to list everything so please call....."

thanks,

Matt

Last edited:
I can't imagine why anyone would spend so much money building serious hardcore 40's and then part them out?

I might want to see the titles before I purchased anything.

Copenhagen1

He wants to sell it all together. It sounds like a couple of started teardowns that never got past that. I'm a noob and am not too familiar with the parts he claims to have and their value, or even if they are worth a sh1+. I'm requesting title details and pics now.

Thanks,

Matt

TTT

I'm a noob looking for some help on the value of this stuff!

Thanks,

Matt

did he give a price indication what he wants for all of it?? If he didnt add up what everything would cost you new and cut the price in half and offer that.

did he give a price indication what he wants for all of it?? If he didnt add up what everything would cost you new and cut the price in half and offer that.

He didn't break it down at all and I'm a noob to FJs. I can wrench just fine, but don't have a good grip on what a started project FJ40 is worth.

I'm just looking for some ballpark figures. ??? $1,000??? $10,000???

Matt

Nobody seems to be giving you dollar amounts so I will take a shot. That is what you asked for.

These are just guesses at what the items cost new:

OME & Rancho Shocks $1000
Full Roll Cage $500
Front Grills & Bumper(s) $500 each
Rear Swing Gate $400
High Lift Jacks $50 each
power steering conversion $300? (not sure about this one)
rear end with Detroit $500
2 used chevy engines $1000 each
Doors, fenders, hoods ?????
Trans and transfers at least $500? each pair (not sure again)

Conservative estimate IMHO is over $6000 not counting the rolling chassis and body parts. If you could buy the whole lot for $3000 it would probably be a decent deal.

I am sure that I have made a few mistakes in my estimate. If I have grossly overpriced something then feel free to correct but if I underestimated, then that is what I was trying to do.

I am just taking a WAG to help answer the question.

Copenhagen1

don't have a good grip on what a started project FJ40 is worth.

Matt

unfortunetly it's not worth near the $$'s what the parts were when new.

Is he close by? it's really better to get a handle on his situation if you chat directly with him, face to face. When were they last ran? did he actually get them running, could be a wiring redo. I'd probably agree with copenhagen for pricing.

Thanks guys! That's what I was looking for! Its all a couple of hours away.

He is supposed to be emailing pics. I know it would be a PITA to try to put back together something I didn't take apart. If they really are complete and low/no rust AZ cruisers, I've got 5 years to get the first one up and safe to run for my 11 year old.

If I can steal them I may try to.

I'll post more details when I get them. If I don't go on them I'll share the data to the locals. Currently he wants to sell as a package, not piece it out.

Thanks,

Matt

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom