Soo.. is it time for a land cruiser?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

IDK, seems like the new Sequoia with solid rear axle and rear locker would do all most people would need off-road.
Except fit in most off road trails in mid west or east coast. Also, they don't have all time 4wd. Part time 4wd sucks on slippery road conditions - it's like driving your hundred with center diff locked!

Except fit in most off road trails in mid west or east coast. Also, they don't have all time 4wd. Part time 4wd sucks on slippery road conditions - it's like driving your hundred with center diff locked!

There's trails in the mid west and east coast? Thought all the good stuff was south, west, and west coast.

I was referring to off road capability. You're talking about slippery on-road conditions it sounds like?

There's trails in the mid west and east coast? Thought all the good stuff was south, west, and west coast.

I was referring to off road capability. You're talking about slippery on-road conditions it sounds like?
Actually both. Most trails in mid west are tight with challenging turns and off camber inclines made additionally slippery by tree roots and muddy terrains. A giant SUV like Sequoia with massive wheelbase (122 in) will definitely struggle and suffer more body damage than a 4Runner or an LC

I’ve noticed the part time 4WD on my uncles 5.7 tundra spins way more in the snow vs my full time 4WD 2uz. We have the same tires as well. He did have some weight in the back of his truck too.

I took the sequoia off my want list because the wheelbase being bigger than an LX. Also not JDM build 😭

A giant SUV like Sequoia with massive wheelbase (122 in) will definitely struggle and suffer more body damage than a 4Runner or an LC

Maybe not on the trails where you are, that could very well be the case. But lots of people go offroad in Tacoma's, Tundras, F150s, Jeep Gladiators, etc which all have longer wheelbases than 122 inches. Hell some Wranglers are over 118 inches. Not sure 122in is that big of a limiter for most people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom