Some proof that our trucks are appreciating... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

damn that thing Is clean for sure though! but the price has me :rofl:

Trucks in that condition are a rare find and will always command higher prices (as long as somebody is willing to pay for it). Doesn't really mean the rest of our crappy trucks are worth the same.

I think your “crappy truck” is worth more than some of these pristine ones. ;)

In the local classifieds here in Canukistan you can get a used and abused north American truck with 300k kms for $3500, or fully locked and loaded 100k km jdm for $30,000.

There is no "going price" for these trucks as far as I'm concerned. As they get rarer that will be more the case.

I think it also depends on where in the country you are. Out west you are going to pay over 10k for clean unmolested trucks. I looked for 6 months for a triple locked nice 95 to 97 and eventually found one in the color I wanted with 200k and triple locked and paid 11k. I looked at 6k dollar rigs and they were all junk in my opinion. I also didn't want to spend 20k either. I found a truck that was taken care of and not abused and made the purchase.

I think it also depends on where in the country you are. Out west you are going to pay over 10k for clean unmolested trucks. I looked for 6 months for a triple locked nice 95 to 97 and eventually found one in the color I wanted with 200k and triple locked and paid 11k. I looked at 6k dollar rigs and they were all junk in my opinion. I also didn't want to spend 20k either. I found a truck that was taken care of and not abused and made the purchase.
Yes, the $6k trucks are for the most part absolute crap...and agree w/your regional assessment as well.

These value discussions are amusing. Everyone here belongs to same community but see’s Landcruiser’s in many different ways.

I’d consider selling for $35K. I think it’ll be another decade before we see a real rise much like the 60s.

I wouldn’t hesitate to buy a curated with oem parts 80 whether now or later. New engine work. New transmission while it’s still available at the crazy low prices currently.

60 series is a bit too old for me to want to dd. Ever. 80 is the real sweet spot and will remain so no matter the decade.

I appreciate my 80!

This really hits the nail on the head. The value of an 80 is based upon the how much money the buyer wants to spend. Well maintained 80s will demand high prices because they’re a great platform and there’s a growing group of buyers who Want to spend the money of building up a killer truck. If you want to build a solid-axle, body-on-frame 4x4, you’re options are limited. Land Rover, Mercedes G, Jeep JK, etc. Within that subset, it’s either junk or egregiously expensive (or both in the case of the JK). Suddenly, a $12-15k stock 80-Series seems like a pretty good deal.

I'm with this . Own a jeep, it's alright , but its a Chrysler product. Can't afford a Mercedes g or puch, and there are really no other options that have a straight axle and body on frame, besides a pre-92 chevy or Ford that are so big they dont fit through any of the trails I meander through.

I believe that guy is smoking crack... theres no way I would pay that for an 80. maybe if it had every option they ever came with and was in perfect shape...

I believe that guy is smoking crack... theres no way I would pay that for an 80. maybe if it had every option they ever came with and was in perfect shape...
Hmm, I guess it's all perspective. I didn't think the price was too bad if it's for real.

Hmm, I guess it's all perspective. I didn't think the price was too bad if it's for real.
I guess it is all on the buyer but seriously, if you get someone off the street, all they see is a 23 year old suv that is horribly under powered and has almost 100k miles on it and gets crap gas mileage. looks purdy tho'.

i recently saw a super clean cruiser with new paint, shiny tires, snorkel, 2.5" lift and a winch bumper parked on the side of the road. I got excited, and decided to speak with the owner. Found out he only drives the rig to run errands. He told me he paid over 25k for it and he doesn't even know if it has lockers.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom