Solid Rock Off Road v. 4X4Labs Rear Bumper Comparison? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Really happy with the 4x4labs. Went with this because of the panel protection. Very well built and can take the abuse. Also love the double swing out.
DSC_0136.jpg
[/IMG]

damn that thing is sexy!! looks like a professional install as well.;)

clint

Gotta love the silver colors!!!! and mine's SROR. I like it because Jim built it to my specs.

Good Luck!

Cruz Moab 2009!!!

this is a good looking rig. the bumper and quarter protection looks top notch.

clint

Personally, My favorite is actually the 4-plus bumper. But except for the side protection on the 4x4 labs, they don't seem that different. The three of them that is

Port62-

That is a fine looking ride. I saw it several times in Moab and always liked it. The 4x4Labs bumper looks great-very nice departure angles.
Thanks for the compliment. I slammed the rear pretty hard but havent hit the panel protection yet, cant wait!
damn that thing is sexy!! looks like a professional install as well.
Sexy yeah, I know. The guys who did the install, there whack.

I like the plate look of the 4x4 labs quarter protection, but would want similar construction for the sliders.

How much does the 4X4 labs one run?

BTW, Jim mentioned to me that the shipping goes up quite a bit when the quarter protection is added.
Bryan

I didn't know this.

I guess I'm getting special treatment when I buy direct from 4x4 Labs?

You are not thinking about 4x4 + Plus are you?

Yep I believe I am, it was a question, not a statement, was wrong fabricator either way:eek:..But now I know:doh:

What about the kaymar rear bumper? I used to one have on my truck and liked it a lot. Stupidly sold it..

Kaymar is good for expedition/camping/light wheeling, but if you plan on slamming your bumper into something that doesn't move, look elsewhere.

Kaymar is good for expedition/camping/light wheeling, but if you plan on slamming your bumper into something that doesn't move, look elsewhere.

We have the SROR rear bumper and the wife drove it into a camry :doh: , but the only thing it did was take some of the paint off our bumper :bounce:

As for the Camry, well, that is a sad story that ends with a $1500 bill sent to my house. :bang:

this is a good looking rig. the bumper and quarter protection looks top notch.

clint

Thanks.

Here's some closer shots on the trip from Kansas City to Colorado and before the dirt.

I like the tube design that holds the spare and that everything is welded. Because after a couple of thousand miles on and off road the bumper settles down and things will begin to rattle. Once I tighten the pivot hinge I've never had any rattles....
2008 Colorado Trip 011.jpg
2008 Colorado Trip 022.jpg
2008 Colorado Trip 044.jpg

I don't know if he still builds them, but Mike Francis in Hemet - at Rock Solid offroad, (909) 654-5404 or maybe (877)654-5404 did an excellent job on our rear bumper-- best quarter panel protection I've seen. And I hammered it a few times. you can email them too roksolid99 at aol. Not even sure if he is still there, but worth checking.

bumpertest.jpg
Here's me *trying* to dent the rear bumper. Just knicked the paint.

Luke's stuff looks a lot cleaner than my prototype did. And I've seen his products, they are very well built. Just thought I'd throw some more information out there as Mike treated us right and the bumper took a hell of a lot of abuse. I was silly and sold it off... shoulda kept it.

Port -
Any chance of a pic of where the quarter protection ties into the frame?

Yeah.. I'd like to see that too! On all the bumpers with side-protection....:)

On the 4x4labs bumper the forward end of the side protection connects to a rear body mount useing a Z-bracket. Go back to post 2 of this thread and there will be a picture of the Z-bracket at one of the links I provided.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom