SAS Solid Axle Summit #7 Official Page (4 Viewers)

SAS #7 Color Choices for Swag and Trail Flags

• • Yellow / Mustard

Votes: 12 13.0%
  • • Sky Blue

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • • Pollux Orange

Votes: 30 32.6%
  • • Spring Green

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • • Capri Blue

Votes: 7 7.6%
  • • Rustic Green

Votes: 31 33.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

And check in that block. Got to get it in tomorrow (forgot to get cheap 75-140 for the break in), then do some heat cycles.
20230606_191232.jpg

Prep continues: Midland installed, valves adjusted. Did a knuckle job over the past week, too.

PO’s mechanic looks like they didn’t clean or replace anything, yet took it all apart to exchange the grease. Made my life much more difficult. Old grease and gaskets were baked on. Every bolt and threaded hole was full of disgusting old grease. I spent 3.5 days cleaning stuff, then did the install with all new OEM hardware and OEM rotors. Had some clicking/grinding from the front right in 4WD this past winter so I installed a known good birf on the inner axle as part of the job. Haven’t tested 4WD yet … later tonight I will. So glad the truck is back on the ground and rolling. Local buddy of mine (62 & 100 owner) saved my neck with a couple of key tools, some comradery, and the good birf. Cruiser people are great.

Next up are new Dobinsons front springs. Did the rears a few months ago. I have a shackle reversal on my 60 so I went with HZJ75 springs. Can’t wait to see how it rides with the 20+ year old front springs replaced.

F2B5C776-5B28-455E-9FFF-3BB0456787FD.jpeg

46A15244-151E-4CB9-98CC-76B8FF87136F.jpeg

Might try to get in some light wheeling this weekend to gently test things. Haven’t even gotten out yet this year sadly.

I should bring a pressure and a coin operated timer.

Might have to bring a few cans of cooking spray and hose down the underside if it's mucky.

The bourbon Sponsor is expanding his offerings to include Papa’s Pillar Rum for SAS#7. I spent some time on the phone yesterday with a friend who has an outdoor marketing/branding company and represents Contender Boats, Flip Pallot, Yeti Coolers and now, Papa’s Pillar Rum. Named after Earnest Hemingway. I was never much of a rum guy, but when I travel to fish saltwater, I keep running into it and have really taken a shine to it. I explained the event and the monies raised and he is putting together a care package for the raffle/auction. So we are expanding bourbon sponsorship into other spirits and I hope we have some Rum Aficionados in the group who might enjoy the treats I’ll be bringing west.

@Broski well when I say cheap oil, I mean anything but the Red Line oil I have for it.

@CruiserTrash so disappointing. A knuckle party and I wasn't invited?!?! That is my favorite job to do on Cruisers.

I don't know about aficionado, but high functioning alcoholic is similar.
When I was in the west Indies they had Rum and extra strong Rum 😂 😝

The bourbon Sponsor is expanding his offerings to include Papa’s Pillar Rum for SAS#7. I spent some time on the phone yesterday with a friend who has an outdoor marketing/branding company and represents Contender Boats, Flip Pallot, Yeti Coolers and now, Papa’s Pillar Rum. Named after Earnest Hemingway. I was never much of a rum guy, but when I travel to fish saltwater, I keep running into it and have really taken a shine to it. I explained the event and the monies raised and he is putting together a care package for the raffle/auction. So we are expanding bourbon sponsorship into other spirits and I hope we have some Rum Aficionados in the group who might enjoy the treats I’ll be bringing west.
Wow, I think you’re outdoing yourself amigo. Keep overachieving!! 😆

Remind me to tell you a little side story about the Pilar. I’ve focused on a cash of Heaven Hill 7yr bib I’m bringing to SAS (for the enjoyment of all interested) fyi…compliments of Dos Gringos!

Set the bar low, and constantly fail to achieve it. That's my motto. 😄

You interested in doing a convoy? We're leaving Saturday morning semi early. I've got plenty of room for people and vehicles Friday night.

Wow, I think you’re outdoing yourself amigo. Keep overachieving!! 😆

Remind me to tell you a little side story about the Pilar. I’ve focused on a cash of Heaven Hill 7yr bib I’m bringing to SAS (for the enjoyment of all interested) fyi…compliments of Dos Gringos!
Viva Dos Gringos!!

I’d love to, but I have a bit of a family reunion south of Grand Rapids Saturday. Gonna spend the night and push off early. I usually stop in Grand Island Nebraska. There is a great little park/campground just north of 80 that sits on a pair of lakes. Mormon Island State Rec Area. You can grab a 6-pack at the gas station on the immediate right after exiting. Cool spot to crash. About 11 hours to Ouray from that spot. I will be there Sunday night unless I make good time and hit Kearney, Lexington or North Platte.

I should be pulling into the KOA late Monday.

How cold can it get at the top of the mountains? Would love to have the bikini top on but think I might get cold? Thoughs?
OK I’m gonna have to get my act together. I really thought we were talking about a whole different kind of bikini top but any ways everybody might know you were cold.

OK I’m gonna have to get my act together. I really thought we were talking about a whole different kind of bikini top but any ways everybody might know you were cold.
Always the chance of a Rain Blowing through but if that doesn’t faze u then carry a sweatshirt and you’ll be fine .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom