Softtop Bows Drawing (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey- does anyone have an autocad or simmiler drawings for the bows for a 76 fj40? i think i can make my own and pick up a soft top along the way, but bows seem to be in short supply. i'm leary of trying to wing it and not have them fit with a top. thanks in advance,
Jack Wells

Judging by your little truck design on sig line, I'd say you'd have no prob coming up with one yourself :grinpimp:

BTW.................:flipoff2:.....................Welcome to MUD

That's the best article - there are a few more from others with additional dimensions.

There is a picture of a OEM microfiche of the bows that someone posted in one of the Paki top threads. I pasted it to my for sale thread about a month ago... No dimensions, but shows all the parts.

CAD didn't exist when the OEM bows where in production :hillbilly: and I'm not certain that anyone whose drafting them up would be willing to share?

These are some pics that I posted before that I "borrowed" from PinHead...Hope they help...

frontbow1.jpg

midbow1.jpg

rearbow1.jpg

rearbottom1.jpg

You would think that by now someone would be making a few sets and selling them...if I had a soft top I'd make them...hell if enough people wanted them I'd consider making a few anyways!

don't say that too loud Dean, there are quite a few people looking to score some soft top bows;)

FACT. You couldn't make them fast enough to keep up with the interest.

What diameter tubing is used? 5/8", 3/4"??

don't say that too loud Dean, there are quite a few people looking to score some soft top bows;)

FACT. You couldn't make them fast enough to keep up with the interest.

We talking 10, or 25, or 50 sets? Seriously...I'm starting to think, but don't get too excited yet :hmm::hmm::wrench::hmm::steer:

One thing to remember is those same people are also looking for the canvas too. The only other option besides Eshan is not taking orders at this time. The price of these would have to be cheaper than the extra cost of the bows with the canvas from Eshan. Minus the bow will not make it that much cheaper to ship. Do you think there are 50 people out there who have the canvas but not the bows? I've got more sets of bows than I do good canvas tops. If your really interested in making the bows I would do a poll to see who needs bows but not the canvas.

John

Isn't someone on the east coast supposed to be making bows? I mean they made a really nice top, and I thought they were looking at making bows also?? I'd see no need to step on anyone's toes.

But...if no one is seriously looking into it...then I'll sit down and think about this very seriously.

John, I'm sure your following the east coast top reproduction thread, It seems that for every person interested in a top at least half of them need bows?

That was the other option I mentioned. They stopped taking orders a while back. I would make sure you have another source first.

i think they may have stopped taking orders based on an overload of what they were predicting, I don't believe they're not taking orders "anymore", just temporarily stopping?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom