SOA Owners Please Help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

KS

Threads
Where is the cheapest place to buy a crossover Y shaped steering arm. Iam doing a soa on my 72 FJ40 and need the arm to complete. Iam keeping the factory steering. Thanks for any info and does auyone have one they would sell. Kevin

Check out www.aqualu.com

I think it is in the 45 section????

Ok I fixed it :D

or try www.aqualu.com. i don't know if anyone else makes one anymore unless you go full hi-steer :cheers:

yeppers....only one source for the Y-arm....and considering the price, histeer arms are cheaper.

I should have one for sale barley used (1500 mi) in a week or so. Im dumping my lc axels and going 60

Thanks for the replys. Can I use the high steer arm with stock steering on a FJ40 or only a y shaped arm. I cant go the gm steering box right now. Iam just doing a soa with stock springs and cut and turn.Thanks

I called EVERYBODY trying to find hi-steer arms that would work with stock steering rods and they all said nope. The thing is that most hi-steer arms not only go up, but also inwards a bit. The only place that told me their hi-steer arms would work with stock steering rods was $pectre and I didn't and don't believe them. Oh and of course Over The Hill 4X4...

-Ferg-

Also try OTT industries, and Sky Manufacturing. Just bought the Sky Manufacturing kit myself. Also I don't know about the ab ovbove listed companies, but Sky and OTT only work with the knuckles from 79 and up, or converted to mini truck knuckles.

4x4 Labs offers high-steer arms for large and small bolt patterns and relocate the tie-rod to correct the ackerman angles. Mine steers better now than with the stock arms by far. Best of all the tie-rod is above and behind the axle so it is absolutely untouchable as far as rocks are concerned.

Iam putting FJ60 disc breaks on my FJ40 with a SOA. If I go with All Pros Hi Steer, which kit to order. The FJ40 or the FJ60 kit.They dont seem to know Landcruisers. Thanks for any help.

[quote author=KS link=board=1;threadid=8130;start=msg70547#msg70547 date=1070433786]
Iam putting FJ60 disc breaks on my FJ40 with a SOA. If I go with All Pros Hi Steer, which kit to order. The FJ40 or the FJ60 kit.They dont seem to know Landcruisers. Thanks for any help.
[/quote]

FJ40, the width of the axle will still be the FJ40. You may have a taper issue... depends on which ends their kit includes.

if you are going histeer on your stock 72 axle housing, you have two choices...rock buggy supply or 4x4 labs. AllPro, Sky, and I believe all the others only have arms that match the 79+ bolt size/pattern. You need the 78-older pattern.

Or you do what I did and upgraded to minitruck knuckles and disc brakes in one fell swoop.

Do you have front discs? if yes, what conversion??

Woody,yes Iam using my 72 housing. I will cut and turn, then I am putting on a disc break kit off of a later model FJ60. It is going to be the larger bolt pattern. I have decided to go ahead and go to hi-steer with Saginaw power steering and do it right the first time. I would like to use All-Pros Hi-Steer. Which kit would I buy. I wouldnt think FJ60 kit would be the right tie rod lengths. Thanks for any help on this wonderful site. Kevin

Nope, you want the 40-series kit...the 60 knuckles are identical to the minitruck and to the 79+ FJ40's, so the 40-kit will work awesome (dood).

I've got the allpro arms with my rods installed and have had zero complaints. (other than bending a rod...lol)

Thanks Woody. Does anyone know what is Sky Manufacturing number or web site.

Hey Woody one more question. What pitman arm will I need to use. Iam SOA with stock springs. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom