So ye olde 1hz has clocked over 700 k km's - t-belt, etc. time so just confirming part numbers and interchangabilities (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just yesterday driving into work.... 700 k km's in 31 years of life since the vehicle was made by Toyota.

The t-belt warning light came on as expected to remind me it needs to be done. Is there a contact on the left most number wheel of the odometer that activates the light? I'm aware of the button to cancel it.

Doesn't show ever aspect in detail but it's quite good as a guide. I know one of the bits of casting for one of the small bolts for the t-belt cover is broken off on my motor.

Going to do the usual stuff - t-belt + tensioner along with water pump and t-stat then do the valve shims plus oil/filter and coolant changes. I have the proper tool to do the valve shims.

I've ordered a diesel compression tester kit. To check for blow-by, do I just take off the oil filler cap and look/feel for combustion gases at the filler opening when I start the engine from cold? I will replace the diesel injectors too since I have a full set of new genuine ones.

Re genuine parts to do t-belt, etc. I see the t-belt tensioner spring part number has two versions - is 90507-27001 and 90507-27003 interchangable? The tensioner also has two different part numbers - 13505-17010 and 13505-17011 and I wonder if they are also interchangable?

My 80 is a 3/92 build so the earlier part numbers apply to it. Do not remember if I had this same debate in 2016 with myself (or even here) when I last did the timing belt job. :cool: I did notice the pin that the timing tensioner spring hooks over doesn't change it's part number.

What seals should I look at replacing while I'm doing the t-belt and water pump work?

Last edited:
e genuine parts to do t-belt, etc. I see the t-belt tensioner spring part number has two versions - is 90507-27001 and 90507-27003 interchangable? The tensioner also has two different part numbers - 13505-17010 and 13505-17011 and I wonder if they are also interchangable?
Same part with a different number. It could just mean they were made in another factory. Beno would know.Those numbers are good for all markets.

blowby at the oil fill is not any real measure of blowby unless it smokes like an exhaust pipe out the fill port....

If blow by is bad, you'll see excess oil film in the intake tube after the PCV connection.

You can do a leak down test. Leak down / blow by same same.

Both are the result of worn rings or cylinder walls

What seals should I look at replacing while I'm doing the t-belt and water pump work?
Some kits come with the camshaft bearing seal. I did mine because it had a slight leak

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom