Smog (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Need help with images and diagrams to
Hook up smog equipment on an 83 cruiser with a 2F motor. It’s got the 4 speed transmission. I have a box of smog components that may work but not sure where everything goes. Any input helpful. Smogged in California

-Anthony

Can anyone supply a photo of the smog sir pump bracket hooked up to the 2F motor. The belt size and belt route. Also a photo of belt size for the power steering pump and belt route.

Here are some drawings I have collected for the vacuum hose routing on the 2F

Attachments

• vacuum piping.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 47
Can anyone supply a photo of the smog sir pump bracket hooked up to the 2F motor. The belt size and belt route. Also a photo of belt size for the power steering pump and belt route.

Here are some diagrams. Hope this helps.

Toyota part numbers:

Air Pump V-belt (smog pump): 99343-11120
Vane Pump V-belt (Power steering): 99343-11570

1675259417508.png

1675259483973.png

Can anyone let me know what catalytic converters best fits oem for this truck? Ideally
Something off Amazon I can have welded in.

Got Sticker shock ?

Manaflow are really the best, but you'll pay ...

Cheaper would be to go to a Mom 'n Pop muffler shop and let them weld a Universal CAT in (DON'T LET THEM CUT OFF THE THERMOSENSOR WIRE/PROBE) that is CARB approved. Some CATs that are not CARB approved will work, but you'll have to go to a smog referee. The shop will know which ones if you want to take that route. Kalif does this because of all the CAT converter thefts.

Had to do that with my wife's accord. kinda a pita

Last edited:
Got Sticker shock ?

Manaflow are really the best, but you'll pay ...

Cheaper would be to go to a Mom 'n Pop muffler shop and let them weld a Universal CAT in (DON'T LET THEM CUT OFF THE THERMOSENSOR WIRE/PROBE) that is CARB approved. Some CATs that are not CARB approved will work, but you'll have to go to a smog referee. The shop will know which ones if you want to take that route. Kalif does this because of all the CAT converter thefts.

Wow!
they have sure gone up in price!

Need help with images and diagrams to
Hook up smog equipment on an 83 cruiser with a 2F motor. It’s got the 4 speed transmission. I have a box of smog components that may work but not sure where everything goes. Any input helpful. Smogged in California

-Anthony
There is very little difference besides component location and wiring for 83 Cali emissions, my question is - are you referring to a FJ60 or a FJ40?

Met with a gentleman named Tim out in Arizona. He helped me out with a large box of emissions equipment. Going to see what I have that works and go from there. I’ll keep you all posted. This project was a blown motor replaced with a new motor. Got the truck in Arizona brought her to Cali.

0359A9E3-D984-4DA2-B5C6-C72450B61420.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom