SmittyBilt XRC10 Install to a ARB (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Has anyone here actually tested their smittybilt xrc-10 winch? I was actually considering this winch for my 100 series, pls dont laugh at me for lurking in the 80 series section:meh:

I haven't had a chance to use my XRC12 yet but a few people have come out saying the XRC10 was pretty good to use, only complaint I seem to find is that it is slow.

Has anyone here actually tested their smittybilt xrc-10 winch? I was actually considering this winch for my 100 series, pls dont laugh at me for lurking in the 80 series section:meh:

I have the XRC-10 and ARB combo on my 80 and it works great. I have used it on a couple of pulls and am very happy with it so far...

I ran into the same issue with my XRC 10 mounting it in my ARB. i just used a spacer. I have used it twice so far and it pulls fine. quite worth it for the money. How long will it last and pull strong remains to be seen, but so far i feel it was a good investment.

I have never had any winch before so maybe I wont realize the lack of speed :D:D

That's the best way to think about it, all I am worried about is being able to pull myself or someone else reliably. I couldn't care less if it did it faster or slower than another winch, I am a patient person.

That's the best way to think about it, all I am worried about is being able to pull myself or someone else reliably. I couldn't care less if it did it faster or slower than another winch, I am a patient person.

Couldn't agree more! :grinpimp:

Yes I have used mine several times. Has worked great several times. It has also been submursed in water, mud, and a water/mud slurry. The only time I ever had trouble was on a really look pull when I broke a birf and the wheel wasn't spinning. It started smoking. But it was new and could have been some assembly grease or something. It got me all the way out and I let it cool and then respooled it. Have used it several times since with no trouble. For the 300$ I paid for it I am impressed.

We have a hydraulic MileMarker 12k pound winch (courtesy of the U.S. Army; it is a direct replacement from a HMMWV) and we have had nothing but trouble from it. So...granted it was free but it would have cost 1000$+ if we had bought it.

D

I'm resurrecting this thread here. Did those of you who mounted the XRC10 to your ARB Bull have to make adjustments to the fairlead to make it fit??

Thanks for the help.

Xa

I have the 12k Smittybilt, the fairlead that comes with it didn't fit the bumper so I used one I bought at a tradeday. BTW I love that winch nothing but praise for it

I'm resurrecting this thread here. Did those of you who mounted the XRC10 to your ARB Bull have to make adjustments to the fairlead to make it fit??

Thanks for the help.

Xa

The ARB is set-up to use a Warn fairlead. You want to buy that. Reason? Because the fairlead pins are supposed to go through the reinforcement built in the top lip of the fairlead mount location. This connection is designed into the ARB to strengthen it. If you don't set it up this way, you'll not have the strongest mount -- and with the XRC10 and -- especially -- the XRC12, you'll want that extra margin of strength.

Only use so far? Pulled my little brother's Highlander out of the ditch last Xmas day -- and he gave me $100:smokin:

This Warn (5742) fairlead? Warn Industries - Roller Fairlead for Jeep, Truck & SUV Winches

So, the vertical fairlead pins just seat themselves in the holes in the bumper? You don't need to fasten them in any way? I would have to think that the Warn fairlead is much taller than the smitty. If not, the pins aren't going to seat themselves. The smitty fairlead, when bolted in, is about 1 inch below the reinforcement.

The Warn fairlead sits higher in the mounting holes for the winch, as well ashaving the vertical rollers with the correct spacing to match the ARB reinforcement lip. The pin and snap ring arrangement that holds the vertical rollers in the Warn fairlead is replaced by a large bolt on each side. The bolts use a nylock nut to retain them.

Thanks for the explanation. Are the large bolts supplied with the fairlead or do I need to purchase separately?

Thanks again,
Dave

Thanks for the explanation. Are the large bolts supplied with the fairlead or do I need to purchase separately?

Thanks again,
Dave
\
The bolts come with the bumper, so if you don't have them you need to source them somewhere such as one of the mud vendors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom