Smittybilt in a FJ40??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I did a search and found a lot of info re a 60, but nit much in a 40. Has anyone had success with these, in particular the stereo model, in a 40? Any pics, comments, comparisons with the Tuffy?

Thanks

The stereo/radio bay in my Tuffy center console is 8" wide, and it touches my stock buckets at the front of the seats. Like Mike said, you could probably make 9" fit, just have to mash the inside front corners of the seats against the console a little bit.

Maybe these photos (of my Tuffy) will help - again, the radio bay is 8" wide but the main storage body of the console is only 7" wide. There is room for the seat belt latches and stalks in between the stock buckets and the console, but the radio caddy touches the seats.

084.jpg

083.jpg

IMG_0773.jpg

Last edited:
Yep I run the smittybilt stereo console, I love the thing!

Requires slight modification, but for the price you cannot go wrong.

You have to have the tuffy mounting bracket, or make your own.
Then drill holes in the bottom of the Smittybilt console to mount it to the Tuffy Bracket.
The rear of the tuffy bracket did not sit properly so i had to put 1.5 or 2 inch spacers back there.

Pretty easy install, and easy on the pocket book.

Not to hijack, how's the quality of the smitty? Do you feel like your stuff is safe?

I have one it my 60 and my 42. That being said the BJ42 is a 82 do it has alot more room, I feel my stuff is safe it just like my old Tuffy , the new Tuffys are thicker and have a better lock .... but they are $400 not $80:lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom