Builds SLOW 71 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The difference between the 4:1 and my stock gears is huge. I've been told that the aftermarket 3:1 gears are beveled cut unlike the straight cut 4:1 gears, so they should be quieter.

I've put in the 3:1 gears and they definitely are quieter than the 4:1

It's my understanding that you still have to clearance the split case in order to use the 3:1 gears, correct?
Yes you do. You can send the rear of the case to Georg and he will do it for you. He works with a machine shop that has their CNC set up for it.

Working on the new radiator mounting along with the new coolers. I was trying not to drill more holes for mounting, so I came up with this idea. I could never be a purist, love making brackets too much. :) Everything on the bottom will mount using the two front body mounts. I'll make two brackets for the top with both having a rubber cushion for vibration.

IMG_4497.JPG

IMG_4494.JPG

IMG_4498.JPG

IMG_4496.JPG

Working on the new radiator mounting along with the new coolers. I was trying not to drill more holes for mounting, so I came up with this idea. I could never be a purist, love making brackets too much. :) Everything on the bottom will mount using the two front body mounts. I'll make two brackets for the top with both having a rubber cushion for vibration.

View attachment 3224925

View attachment 3224927

View attachment 3224928

View attachment 3224929
Nice when Minds think alike ??? My power steering cooler ,

20230121_150433 powes steering cooler.jpg

The difference between the 4:1 and my stock gears is huge. I've been told that the aftermarket 3:1 gears are beveled cut unlike the straight cut 4:1 gears, so they should be quieter. For our use and 33" tires I found the need for the extra low type gearing wasn't needed. I guess it's all up to what you're going to want out of the wagon, besides now I can listen to every word my wonderful wife has to say on those long road trips. :bang:
Plus you have the deeper 1st gear in the H55, eh?

Not sure I understand what you mean here?
Isn't the purpose of a radiator to cool the engine (coolant)?
Pablo, on the 5.3 Chevy truck motors and maybe more, they have a port on the block for engine oil cooler lines. I used the automatic trans. oil cooler that was incorporated in the radiator because I'm running the stick. When ordering my new rad. Griffin said they don't recommend running the engine oil through the rad. just the transmission oil. 🤷‍♂️ Over time I decided it wasn't a good idea to run any hot oil through the rad. so, I bought a separate cooler for the engine oil and one for the power steering. Are they needed? I don't know, but guessing it couldn't hurt and I like tinkering.

Pablo, on the 5.3 Chevy truck motors and maybe more, they have a port on the block for engine oil cooler lines. I used the automatic trans. oil cooler that was incorporated in the radiator because I'm running the stick. When ordering my new rad. Griffin said they don't recommend running the engine oil through the rad. just the transmission oil. 🤷‍♂️ Over time I decided it wasn't a good idea to run any hot oil through the rad. so, I bought a separate cooler for the engine oil and one for the power steering. Are they needed? I don't know, but guessing it couldn't hurt and I like tinkering.
Ah, oil cooler!
I missed that earlier...

Opinions please... Look at how I used a dense rubber pad as a buffer with screws going through to an alum. block. Do you think the screws will loosen up since I can't tighten them totally using the rubber. Lock Tite or something else?

IMG_4505.JPG

IMG_4503.JPG

Finished mounting the engine oil cooler, we'll see how that works out. I'm waiting on some fittings from Parker which I haven't bought in a few years, 😱 man did they go up!

IMG_4502.JPG

Locktite probably, seems to work in most spots?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom