Slider Air Storage (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Squash

SILVER Star
Threads
Might come in handy some day!
Tested to 120psi and yes the upper and lower are connected.
Yes they are grey, Epoxy primer and will probably stay that colour because I'm lazy and do not suffer from OCD.

IMG_20210514_164813_543.jpg

20210514_134935.jpg

Structural steel!
If that bends or ever breaks losing air pressure is the least of worries.

Looks good.
How much does it hold? It's on both sides of the truck?
And the dumbest question...what's that fitting?

Was about to say "queue the posts about exploding on impact", and it's the first post in!

I like the idea. I'd have no concerns about safety.
I was going to use a fire extinguisher as an air tank. The one I was going to use to hold 120psi had a relief valve rated at something life 97bar. Steel fire extinguisher cylinder is a hell of a lot thinner than anything you'd use for sliders

Fitting is a two way, insert quick connect air line fitting,lift to open valve, close and remove.
Away from unit but will get more pics, driving the HZJ75 today.

Could be used as a reservoir tank for ARB air lockers.

What's your calculated volume? You can estimate how much of a tire you can fill with one charge.

I did this with a custom built double tube roll bar made of 2-1/2" schedule 40 pipe lots of years ago. It had enough volume to air up one 33" tire to 34 psi when it was charged to 120 psi.

Was about to say "queue the posts about exploding on impact", and it's the first post in!

I like the idea. I'd have no concerns about safety.
I was going to use a fire extinguisher as an air tank. The one I was going to use to hold 120psi had a relief valve rated at something life 97bar. Steel fire extinguisher cylinder is a hell of a lot thinner than anything you'd use for sliders
well hey guy I don't know!!!! :slap:

Cool beans. I've seen this done on other rigs (and with bumpers too). Curious how many gallons that holds. I calculated for a 60-series homebrew rear bumper and found it wasn't enough air to make it worth my effort. Bumper was mostly thick-wall 2x2, so not much void space inside.

Might need to consider drains if you live in a humid environment OR be sure to only fill from a dehydrated air supply compressor. Just hooking up your compressor and going to town could lead to internal rust in your sliders.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom