slee's hitch adapter...

Discussion in '80-Series Tech' started by AZcruiser, Jan 12, 2004.

1. AZcruiser

AZcruiser

As it says I have Slee's 2" adapter. I removed the SurePull for better ground clearance and dont have it now. I need to pick up a simple kitchen table using a 8' trailer and deciding if its a ok.
    I know the adapter it not rated for towing but again I am not towing a boat or camper.
    What do you think??

Chris

2. MTNRAT

MTNRAT

I use it to pull a snowmobile trailer, so a utility trailer with a table should be no problem.
    Sean

3. cruiserdan

cruiserdan SupportingVendor Emeritus Moderator

Land Cruiser Heritage Museum broom closet
    Excercise caution. Christo specificly states that it should not be used to tow. Do you have one of his rear bumpers? I designed a through frame receiver for mine. It extends forward about 18 inches and ties into the frame there and at the rear.

4. AZcruiser

AZcruiser

CDan....
    No, I dont have his rear bumper yet. I have a stock bumper, so its mounted to the 2 through and 2 threaded holes. So it is not tied to the sides like the Surepull, etc.
    The trailer is lightduty.

Thanks
    Chris

5. Beowulf

Beowulf

Chris,
    I use something similar to pull a small garden trailer. It's carried things like a washing machine around town. I used it on the stock bumper and pintle mounts and now use it on the Slee rear bumper. You'll be fine.

-B-

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.