Sleeping/Camping/Overland Beginner on a Budget Update (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ive spent a lot of time in my FJ over the past few months. I have tweaked what works for me a little more, and thought i would share.
Initially i had the Ikea Futon on the raised base, and stored things underneath. It was comfortable, but i felt like i needed a little more head room. I removed the base, and i have found that i am much more comfortable. If i decide to relax in the back for a few hours, i am able to stretch out and relax a little better. If i sleep overnight, i simply flatten the futon and it is a very comfortable option.
With the underneath storage removed, i keep several tactical style Molle backpacks. I have one designated for Clothing, Food/Drinks, Miscellaneous, dirty laundry, and shower backpack with all toiletries. I removed the seat belts, and utilize the bolts that held them as hangers for my backpacks to clear up space.
Its a work in progress, but its a very cheap entry for anyone entering the overland arena, or having a hard time sleeping without their FJ. Will include a few pictures of the futon as a bed and as a traditional sofa. I will include a few pics with and without gear so that you can get a feel for the space. Happy Holidays....

20201217_133950.jpg

20201217_133555.jpg

20201217_133117.jpg

20201217_133101.jpg

20201217_132915_HDR.jpg

I dig it, I just kept a twin 4" memory foam in the back of mine for years. It worked so well to keep cargo from sliding around and I always had a comfy enough spot to crash. KISS

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom