Slee Draglink Jam Nut Question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

NorCalFJ100

SILVER Star
Threads
Hey does anyone or even @sleeoffroad Christo know what the specs are on the jam nuts they provide with their drag link? I needed to make an adjustment and dam**d if I didn't try everything to loosen that thing before I started rounding out the nut. May need to bust out the air chisel and want to have a replacement on hand. Crazy thing is it has only been on there a year or so and live in the desert of California...

Thanks mudders!!!!!

You are turning the jam nut the correct direction? One is reverse thread

You are turning the jam nut the correct direction? One is reverse thread
Yes. The threads don't lie!! Haha. The other side was also pretty darn tight. Just not as bad as this one.

Yes. The threads don't lie!! Haha. The other side was also pretty darn tight. Just not as bad as this one.
Bigger wrench then, mine is about foot long, sometimes I have to lay on n my back and push with my legs to bust loose.

Bigger wrench then, mine is about foot long, sometimes I have to lay on n my back and push with my legs to bust loose.
Yeah. Trying all the tricks. But for now I want to get a replacement jam nut to have on standby. Going to use some anti-seeze this next time as well

Yeah. Trying all the tricks. But for now I want to get a replacement jam nut to have on standby. Going to use some anti-seeze this next time as well
Mine is from 2009 or 10 no issues

Haha, put the crescent wrench away 🤣

Haha, put the crescent wrench away 🤣
Oh I've busted out the crescent, the crows foot, pipe wrench, box wrench, map gas and pb blaster...oh and the air hammer. LOL

Hey does anyone or even @sleeoffroad Christo know what the specs are on the jam nuts they provide with their drag link? I needed to make an adjustment and dam**d if I didn't try everything to loosen that thing before I started rounding out the nut. May need to bust out the air chisel and want to have a replacement on hand. Crazy thing is it has only been on there a year or so and live in the desert of California...

Thanks mudders!!!!!
The left hand tread side of the rod has a groove machined about 1/4" from the end of the rod. Are you sure you are not tightening it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom