Side mirror stop tilting down in R gear (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
For my 09 LC 200, I started to notice my side mirror stop tilting down when I am in R gear. Is there a setting I turned off or I need a trip to the dealer.

Try playing with the mirror selector switch. It seems like it needs to be in the center position (or towards the driver's mirror) to make it tilt in reverse. Give it a try.

As the other guys have said, adjust the mirror select switch and you can avoid the dreaded dealer trip. :)

I had this same issue on an other car a few years back but the first time it happens it certainly catches us all out. Only issue with mine is it needs some WD40 as it's a little squeaky when it tilts down. Parking a 200 is a breeze though.

only reason i know is that i had to ask my dealer. when the mirror selector switch is in the middle the side mirrors will not tilt down. if it is in either the driver or passenger position they will tilt.

Thanks! That will do

IMG_9749.jpg
IMG_9749.jpg

only reason i know is that i had to ask my dealer. when the mirror selector switch is in the middle the side mirrors will not tilt down. if it is in either the driver or passenger position they will tilt.
You are absolutely correct. I just tried it out on my 2011 and both L and R (driver's and passenger's) sides activate the mirror tilt feature when shifted into reverse. When the selector is in the middle, the mirrors do not move into the "down tilt" position. Thanks for your post, saved me a trip!

LC Side Mirrors.jpg

There is also a Techstream setting for the reverse tilt - I think the choices are user defined or default. I just noticed it the other day.

I just finished reading my owner's manual, lots of interesting features like this.

I believe the switch should be in the passenger-side position to activate the tilt-down feature.
Spot on, I also have been wondering what’s happened to that feature and Was just browsing reply’s to this issue and bang your suggestion worked for me. Back in action haha cheers mate 👍

I just finished reading my owner's manual, lots of interesting features like this.
Correct. This is covered in the owner’s manual. It is a feature: a very useful when when you need to be in reverse on a trail or when you are parallel parking and want to see how close you are to the curb.

You can, optionally, have different rear view mirror settings for forward and reverse.

1). To set these positions shift to Reverse (obviously with the brake applied) and then adjust the left and or right mirror to wherever you want them when in reverse.
2) To activate, when in Reverse make sure the mirror adjuster selection switch is in EITHER the R or L position. In either positions, BOTH mirrors will move to the positions you set in step 1.
3). If you don’t want the mirrors to shift while in reverse, move the mirror adjuster selection switch to the “center” position.

IIRC these setting are included when saving memory 1, 2 or 3 for different drivers.

Great thread I didn’t even know this was a feature

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom