Side marker hunt

Keep

SILVER Star
Visit site
Some of you from the SOR boards may recall my search, starting late last year, for side markers for my 80. Since then I've emailed or phoned dozens of dealers and parts shops throughout Australia and Europe, including those recommended on the SOR forum. Nobody who has them will ship them to the US. WTF? &nbsp:Does anyone have a source for these things? I'm just about ready to give up the hunt...

Visit site
D -

BTW, there is no "lens" per se, the lens and housing on these things are permanently laminated together. There are only four pieces to the lot... the lens/housing, rubber gasket, lamp socket/pigtail/connector, and the bulb. No fasteners... it's a snap fit with plastic retaining clips that are part of the housing.

R -

Visit site
Keep

I can help you out here. I will check prices and post them here on Monday. I can also post a few pics of how they look on my vehicle (positioning etc) . I'm happy to buy them and post them to you if you decide to go ahead.

Cheers, Jim :beer:

Visit site
Keep-

have you considered using ones that go on a 60 series? how do you think they would look?

Jim-

you may get several requests, I know I would be interested in them, I too have searched for a while, looked at various after market ones, but none look quite right.

Visit site
DRTDUCK, Keep - you're both welcome. Anyone else that wants to join in, please let me know..

I bought a set a while ago - from memory they were about 15 UK Pounds each. With postage it will work out at about $55

That's probably a lot more than an equivalent US part but here in the UK we get ripped off.

I can take payment by PayPal when the time comes.

Cheers, Jim :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom