Side marker hunt (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Keep

GOLD Star
Threads
Some of you from the SOR boards may recall my search, starting late last year, for side markers for my 80. Since then I've emailed or phoned dozens of dealers and parts shops throughout Australia and Europe, including those recommended on the SOR forum. Nobody who has them will ship them to the US. WTF? &nbsp:Does anyone have a source for these things? I'm just about ready to give up the hunt...

Keep,

You mean the little square ones behind the front wheels?

Those are the ones.

K & D -

That would be 81730-60111 (Oz, UK spec).

Need to make an inquiry inre your next question... should have your answer Mon or Tue. ;)

R -

Ron,

Or 81730-60061 (different plug, same lens) 91-92 models.

Maybe Jim could assist?

&nbsp:Dan

This is for a 94... They're all amber lenses correct?

Dunno about the color.

In my Jap fiche the lens part number is the same for all years. The lamp changes part number because of connector changes. It's probably yellow, my guess.

Dan

K -

I've seen clear side indicators - on a Japanese truck - but I'm pretty sure OEM for the various markets where they are used is amber.

R -

D -

BTW, there is no "lens" per se, the lens and housing on these things are permanently laminated together. There are only four pieces to the lot... the lens/housing, rubber gasket, lamp socket/pigtail/connector, and the bulb. No fasteners... it's a snap fit with plastic retaining clips that are part of the housing.

R -

81730-60111 is the entire assembly then? Same pn for right and left?

Same for both sides.

Ron, right, lens and body. To me it's a lens. (24 years in the car business can distort one's mind). :ugh:

maybe this :beer:will help out.

The reason for these is why?

Wrench,

Primarily because it's different. Joe blows think "sumpthin's difernt 'bout that cruzer" People who know think "where did that sly SOB find those? I've been lookin' for a year!"

That's about it............... :slap:

Keep

I can help you out here. I will check prices and post them here on Monday. I can also post a few pics of how they look on my vehicle (positioning etc) . I'm happy to buy them and post them to you if you decide to go ahead.

Cheers, Jim :beer:

Keep-

have you considered using ones that go on a 60 series? how do you think they would look?

Jim-

you may get several requests, I know I would be interested in them, I too have searched for a while, looked at various after market ones, but none look quite right.

As far a placement goes, those of us who have snorkels, and were smart enuf to save the templates, are SET. :G

:beer:

Jim, if it's anything like your A/C condensor, they are probably 75 bucks each :tear:

Thanks to the aptly abbreviated R & D for giving me the appropriate info... and Jim, I'll owe you big!

DRTDUCK, Keep - you're both welcome. Anyone else that wants to join in, please let me know..

I bought a set a while ago - from memory they were about 15 UK Pounds each. With postage it will work out at about $55

That's probably a lot more than an equivalent US part but here in the UK we get ripped off.

I can take payment by PayPal when the time comes.

Cheers, Jim :beer:

:bow: Lets do it.  What do you need from me? :bow:

agreed, just let me know, i'll be away from the computer form Sun-Tues, but you can send me an e-mail or leave me an IM here

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom