Should I stay or shoud I go? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm pretty local to you (work in Concord, live in San Ramon) and would be wiling to help you out. I have tools, parts, manuals, etc.

As Eddy says, Georg is a great resource. However, it sounds like what you have going on could be solved pretty easily, and you could learn by doing. Shoot me a PM if you need some assistance.

Brian

Sometimes I too get in over my head.I'm Not much of a mechanic. Nor am I an electrician, or a plumber .Luckily for me I have a neighbor who can do all this. But when I ask him for a hand, I do it at his conveince (whether it's one day or one month) ,I have all the parts ready to go, And when he arrives, I'm the one who gets his hands dirty. He oversees my work as he sips on his favorite beverage and watches. Funny how simple these trucks are. I also like to pay in kind ,so I will take him and the mrs. out to dinner when we are both free. And when He calls in need of help, I'm there for the duration. I made the mistake of letting my first 40 go , Took me 20 years to get another. Find a friend or a mechanic, Fix things One step at a time. Try to do as much as you can yourself. Alot of info on Here. It's like working on a tractor. Be Da Man.

it sounds like what you have going on could be solved pretty easily, and you could learn by doing. Shoot me a PM if you need some assistance.

I'd love to offer help, but I'm far and busy. If you want to drive it down tomorrow and run a giant wood chipper while I'm working on it, I am 100% available.

I made the mistake of letting my first 40 go , Took me 20 years to get another.

What he said. ^
Good luck. My girls are in their 30's now and still cherish and remember riding in the old 40.

Tru dat. Even young kids know what's cool. My SIL has a nice newer 80 and I have a 40. If I ask the kids who's Cruiser is cooler, they don't hesitate.

And if you do decide to sell it, don't sell it to a friend that lives nearby. That's like seeing an old girlfriend hanging out with one of your friends.

Get an OEM manual, tools and you will be fine. This machines are not as complicated as people make them seem. Once you have all the bugs worked out, they actually need very little maintnance and the maintnance that is required is simple once you learn the ins and outs. Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom