Should I sell my LX 470 and buy an LX 570? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Unpopular opinion???

I think the 470 would be great for long a to b drives without reliability issues. Where I see more issues would be in the example of a traveling salesman going from a to b to c to d to e to a; that will add more wear on a car that 150 miles one way. If you are going a,b,c,d etc I would recommend a new car under warranty.

in none of your scenarios does it makes sense to buy a LX570 except for more of everything and preference (which is fine, but if you look it at it from a financial stand point, the additional miles you put on a newer car will cost you more than an older one), gas becomes negligible between the two.

if gas is a problem and the fear of adding miles to an LX is real (it shouldn’t be) the Camry was made for this (don’t know why it’s even a question)

Split the mileage between your two current vehicles depending on which one you feel like driving that day. Vehicles are tools, use them as needed until it is cost prohibitive.

You don’t want to drive the LX because you want to keep the mileage down. Yet you’re willing to sell it to fund a newer vehicle. This doesn’t make sense. If you’re willing to part with it, why does an extra 50k miles matter?

Dude. Drive the Camry. That’s what it’s for.
:banana: Pull the Camry up there on a dolly with the 💯 and drive the Camry back and forth. Use the 💯 locally and for occasional R/Ts.:banana:

No way that’s death down here. Plus I have gear I’m a musician
1626039981875.jpeg

I agree with getting high mpg appliance type car.

But as far as 470 vs 570, I much prefer the 470. This past week I drove a family members ‘14 with 50k miles and I was put off by how puffy and bulbous it felt. I’m always amazed how much room the 470 has yet does not feel overly large.

I agree with getting high mpg appliance type car.

But as far as 470 vs 570, I much prefer the 470. This past week I drove a family members ‘14 with 50k miles and I was put off by how puffy and bulbous it felt. I’m always amazed how much room the 470 has yet does not feel overly large.
Interesting. I’ll definitely have to drive a 570 but I prefer bigger vehicles. The 470 feel small to me because I’ve always driven bigger trucks before this. I had two big ram pick ups before this.

TL,DR of this thread:
OP:
I don’t want to commute in my 100 because gas and wear/tear.
I can afford a 200.
Reason and common sense don’t matter because I can buy a 200.
I don’t need a sensible commuter car because I can buy a 200.
I will commute in my 100 or buy a 200 because I can.

Everyone else: 1 month of gas savings will pay for the bloody commuter car. Let alone a brake booster. Or axles. Or the fact that LCs are appreciating right now so why blow the miles on a commute if you can afford a 200 (and thus a sensible commuter).

You’re welcome.

TL,DR of this thread:
OP:
I don’t want to commute in my 100 because gas and wear/tear.
I can afford a 200.
Reason and common sense don’t matter because I can buy a 200.
I don’t need a sensible commuter car because I can buy a 200.
I will commute in my 100 or buy a 200 because I can.

Everyone else: 1 month of gas savings will pay for the bloody commuter car. Let alone a brake booster. Or axles. Or the fact that LCs are appreciating right now so why blow the miles on a commute if you can afford a 200 (and thus a sensible commuter).

You’re welcome.
Thanks. I’m purely just worried about putting The miles on vehicles with such high mileage on them and age. Although I’ve owned the Camry for about five years it’s my wife’s car. I come from always driving newer cars when putting this kind of mileage on them. I moved to this platform because of the reliability. Buying the 200 would be me continuing use the LX as my daily driver and putting the miles on it because a 200 would have less miles on it then my 100 series LX. It’s purely a wear and tear issue as I am new to this platform and I want to trust it so I was just looking for him some advice on that. it seems like everyone agrees that these are robust vehicles. makes me feel good. Thanks!

since when does 200k miles on a camry kill it
I don’t think it does. Ours has 175,000 on it it runs perfectly. Its18 years old. Like I said I’ve never put this kind of where in tear on an old vehicle before because I’ve never really owned one that you could rely upon like this. Understandably I’m reticent.

How much does a 16 year old 2005 LX470 with 270k miles really depreciate with another year, and 30k miles?

If it were me, buy the 200, keep the 100, use the high mile 100 as the long distance commuter, then again I may have a LC/LX problem 🤪

The 100 is a whole lot more fun to drive than a 200 or a Camry.

I don't love the 200 near as much as the 100, but my wife sure likes it. She had a '02 Camry that was t-boned at 245k miles and I am sure she would still be driving it if it hadn't been totaled. However she was so impressed with my 350k mile 100 that she thought a 200 was a good idea. We still take my clapped out 100 when it's time to really put some miles behind us.

How much does a 16 year old 2005 LX470 with 270k miles really depreciate with another year, and 30k miles?

If it were me, buy the 200, keep the 100, use the high mile 100 as the long distance commuter, then again I may have a LC/LX problem 🤪
1626116333951.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom