should I invest in my 1991 land cruiser? (1 Viewer)

Before any modifications are done do all the baseline maintenance to make it reliable. Change all fluids, hoses, repair all leaks, remove window runs and clean them out, check weatherstripping, check for water in the quarter panels, treat all rust, replace lspv valve, check front and rear brakes, waterproof electrical connectors, replace sway bar bushings etc.

By invest, I assume you mean dump a bunch of money that you won't get back. Not what I would consider an investment.

I say go for it and have fun. I'm 19 and this is my first vehicle i've actually worked on and it's very satisfying and rewarding when you do mechanical work yourself. (Also a money pit as others have mentioned lol). But yeah, it's definitely not a good "investment" but I promise you'll enjoy driving and wrenching on it.

Tachycardic

SILVER Star
By invest, I assume you mean dump a bunch of money that you won't get back. Not what I would consider an investment.
That’s one way to look at it. Another would be to “invest” money to make the truck safe so you don’t hurt or kill yourself, or others, or reliable so you’re not left stranded somewhere like Death Valley in the middle of July.

He’s young, I feel he used the incorrect word asking is this a good “investment”!

Monetarily, no, auto maintenance education, yes! Even if he spends $1000-1500 a year in maint it is still way cheaper than a new(er) car.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom