Should I buy an ‘01 FJ100 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have the opportunity to buy a 2001 FJ100 but it has 250k miles. I have always wanted to get a land cruiser and I thought this would be a perfect starter. It’s $3750

Any advice would be great

C192E5E3-2C46-4822-8ACF-C202D68BB893.jpeg

Welcome

If it runs, most everything works, has minimal rust and interior isnt too clapped out- snag it.

Fwiw there’s no such model as a “FJ100” its a UZJ100 ( in North America).

J100 would describe the base platform and the designators reflect the version based on market and build type(drivetrain).

HZJ105
FZJ105
FZJ100
UZJ100
HDJ100

Echoing everyone else, if it runs and drives well and the undercarriage isn't wasted away, that's a killer deal. Great color, too. Midlothian, VA? If you don't buy it, send me a PM, please. I have people in Hampton Roads not that far from you that would want it or help me get it.

That's a no brainer as long as the Fran isn't rusted in half.

frame

If clean (don't buy rust) worth more in parts. Buy it!
Then baseline it, bring all PM from (5k to 120K miles in Land Cruised PM schedule) up to date.

Figure minimum $3k in parts to clean up, if you wrench yourself.

You can have it... The last thing I need is another project... If it is rust free someone needs to bring this thing back ... That said from 12 months of searching chance of rust free is 1/50 :(

I've purchased 3 from Hampton Roads, all were local or as far north from VB as Williamsburg. There's definitely good, rust free inventory just a little south of you.

I have not seen it, its been too expensive, or vehicle history hasn't been good enough to justify the trip :( ... I ended up with a 98 with some rust that I'm going to drive till I find something else ... Learned a lot baselining it (more than I would like) ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom